Texting and walking..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think the only thing that humans being need educating in, is common sense - but I honestly think common sense is a thing of the past :lol:

How can you teach someone common sense? It's like teaching somebody how to hear. It can't be done, common sense would tell you that. I'd also be interested to know how common sense can be a "thing of the past". It either exists or it doesn't. For instance, common sense tells most people not to laugh out loud at virtually every sentence they speak or write.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I suppose in this instance I shouldn't be surprised at the things that make some people laugh. Little things and all that. LOL!

Edited by Fred Bassett2

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

That's right, never take life too seriously, it's not permanent :lol:

It takes 72 muscles to frown, but only 14 to smile :nod: so turn that frown upside down :bounce:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

That's bad isn't it? I must admit I get quite hacked of at that - it is very rude but you see it all the time.

That's right, never take life too seriously, it's not permanent :lol:

It takes 72 muscles to frown, but only 14 to smile :nod: so turn that frown upside down :bounce:

I'm smiling, but in a benevolent, resigned sort of way. LOL!

My neighbour just told me she was informed earlier today by Text her dad had died !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

My neighbour just told me she was informed earlier today by Text her dad had died !!!

:jaw:

Terrible for her :!: I know a family that do almost all communicating via text, blackberry messaging & facebook, even when they're all in the house together!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I remember being at a barbecue a few years ago when my niece's boyfriend got a text message from his Mum. It said "Uncle Fred's dead, love Mum". Unbelievable!

As Milton Jones once asked, how do you text somebody to say that a loved one has died if your name is Lol?

I like texting but with most things there is a time and a place and texting while crossing the road is not clever but how do you educate people ?

i feel that getting hit by a lorry would be all the education people would need..

would be a lesson they remembered for the rest of their (very short) lives

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

That's awful. We had a dog of ours put down about 5 years ago. Mum waited until my sister came home to tell her. Mum said it's nothing she'd want to say by text.

In 2010, I was living away from home and was at uni. I was really angry to discover a relative of mine post the following: "my father in law may have two types of cancer". Thanks for that. Not. :( (his father in law is my Granddad)

It's very cold and unfeeling don't you think Nystagmite?

When my Dad had cancer, he'd not seen or spoken to his Sister for around 30yrs, I asked him if he thought she should know, so he told me to tell her when the time came, I didn't even know where she lived, so the police were very good in helping me get her address - I wrote her a letter, explaining that I needed to speak to her rather urgently - there is no way I could have even written it in the letter to her.

It's not just common sense that seems to be a thing of the past, but it's also empathy, compassion, privacy, thoughtfulness etc that is too!

Yes. It wasn't the sort of thing I wanted to hear in that way. There's one thing saying on Facebook a family member is ill and another saying they may have a serious illness.

I was quite angry and upset that he'd just posted something like that in that way.

I know sometimes that people have very little choice in how they tell people - when I was at uni, I had quite bad depression and my friends response was to contact my dad via Facebook - he didn't know my dad and had no other way of telling him that was he really concerned about me.