Mkdp llp

puffa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received 2 letters one from HSBC informing me that they have sold a debt which they say i still owe.

This is the 5th different company that i have received letters from concerning this.

The other letter is from MKDP introducing themselves.

The debt is for £1790.00 and is from a failed business that my self and business partner were involved in.

The debt was supposed to have been settled in a deal we made with the liquidator, which i have a letter stating that we are exempt from anyone chasing any monies from this debt after we made a full and final settlement agreement.

Should i just sent these people a copy of the letter?

Regards

Mark L

Data Protection Letter Sent 26/06/06

Recieved Printouts 03/08/06

Prelim sent 12/09/06

LBA sent 26/09/06

Were you a sole trader or a limited business? If the latter, did you sign a personal guarantee that you would be liable for the business debts? The debt is obviously bad as 5 DCA's have taken it, and 4 have returned it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The debt was supposed to have been settled in a deal we made with the liquidator, which i have a letter stating that we are exempt from anyone chasing any monies from this debt after we made a Full and finalicon settlement agreement.

And that proves it. Do you have the letter?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The letter from the liquidators says

The liquidator is to accept payment of £5200 in full and final settlement of all liabilities owed by Mr **** ******* and Mr **** ******** to Decorative Marks Limited. Should payment of this sum be made no further action will be taken by the liquidator, or any successor in office against Mr **** ****** or Mr **** **** in regard to these debts, now or at any future date.

I can confirm that the creditors gave sanction to me, as liquidator, to effect the above.

What does this mean? The debt is obviously bad as 5 DCA have taken it, and 4 have returned it.

thanks for the replies already

Prelim sent 12/09/06

LBA sent 26/09/06

Send the Silly DCA A copy of that letter and tell them in whatever language you like that they will never get a penny off you and you deny all liability for any monies accrued on the account. Don't mention that it is yours. Just use " the above account" or words to that effect.

You have it in writing that there is no debt, and thats why HSBC sold it. It was cleared, but they saw fit to ignore the law and regulation and sell the remainder on because they know they couldnt chase it themselves.

I agree with the above advice. However, I would also add that the Data Protection Act states in Principle 4 that all personal data must be accurate and up to date. As the data they are processing about you is clearly neither of the above, would they please extinguish the alleged debt, and remove all data held about you from their systems.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Make sure you state clearly that you deny any liability for any amounts owed. Send a COPY of that letter and not the original. If they refuse to believe you and/or keep chasing you, then get a complaint to the OFT and a formal complaint to the DCA so you can get the FOS involved. You have proof that you do not owe a single penny so it's really a simple open and shut case.

Send a copy of the liquidators letter by recorded deliver to The Compliance Director of MKDP by recorded signed for delivery.

If you still have contact details for the liquidator he/she may well be able to intervene on your behalf.

Also a copy of the letter and a terse comment to the business banking director of HSBC would not be a bad thing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Many thanks, will update as soon as i get a reply.

Prelim sent 12/09/06

LBA sent 26/09/06

Staring to get text messages and calls requesting that i call them.

What shall i do?

Prelim sent 12/09/06

LBA sent 26/09/06

Answer 1 call refuse to answer 'security' questions and State Clearly in writing only and hang up.

If you can block texts, after sending a reply Contact by Royal Mail Post Only.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: