Advice - Have I been given a free IPhone 5?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Yesterday I went into my local carphone warehouse as I could not remember the date I took out my current contract on my iPhone 4S which was £36 a month with t-mobile. The girl in the shop pressed a few buttons and put my number into the computer and told me I was eligible for upgrade. So I upgraded to an iPhone 5 on £27 a month and traded in my iPhone 4S to pay for the up front cost. Today I registered a t mobile online account to track my bills and it says my upgrade date is the 1st jan 2014, in 5 months time! Also my contract has not changed from £36 a month, anyone got any clue?

CPW and P4U occasionally have issues with "Disappearing Upgrades"

I would wait a little while and see if its the same next week... They sometimes don't chase it up, i walked away with a free HTC ONE and i spoke to T Mobile who confirmed no line had been set up.

See what happens :)

It may appear at a later date but i wouldn't say thats a 100% guarantee

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

each company has a different criteria when it comes to upgrading. I'm with Orange and can upgrade 45 days before my contract end date. The only thing i'd advise to watch out for is that the 6 months you had left on your old contract hasn't been added to the new contract therefore making a 24 month contract 30 months.