FGW Rail Fare Evasion - arrival of fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My boyfriend and I got caught trying to catch a short fare.

I have received my fine and paid it (last Friday 12/7/13) but his has yet to come through.

We both know we were in the wrong and are willing to pay the fine,

but we have a problem that we are going away soon for over a month.

As FGW only give you 10 days to pay the fine before they take you to court,

does anyone know of any measures he can take before we leave in case it arrives while we're away?

He doesn't want to go through the whole prosecution process just because we weren't here to pay the fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We are both 21. He lives at home but his parents are also away so there would be nobody home to respond to the letter. Why would our ages make a difference?

We are both 21. He lives at home but his parents are also away so there would be nobody home to respond to the letter. Why would our ages make a difference?

Then I can only guess that in a very busy office the data inputs may have been done by two different operators and letters may have been prepared and posted at different times. It is likely that his will be awaiting when his parents return home

The reason I asked about ages is because on occasion a couple may consist of one over 18 years and one say 17 years or less and although both could face prosecution if fare evasion is evident, prosecutors frequently take a slightly different initial approach to under 18's

• 3 weeks later...