accused of benefit fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this post is very helpful as im going through the same thing, i keep thinking i am being watched and i agree its really scary :-(. iv not even had my compliance interview yet, iv got another week and a half to go and its dragging.

Just remember that you are probably thinking they are more interested in you than they actually are, it's the whole nature of the situation. I don't mean anything mean by that either by the way.

Hi snailz. R u goin to an interview or is it a home visit. I took in a personal letter to compliance team. That was 2 n alf week ago nearly n I havnt had any responce. I jus would like one. It ok when your not in situation. However when we are and we done nowt wrong it still on our mind. Do keep posting if it helps. Thanks

im going in for an interview- well she called it a statement, its not under caution. i think that comes next. im trying to keep my spirits up by thinking there are people out there who deliberately commit fraud and most of them avoid a prison sentence, if i have done fraud its been unknowingly. she told me someone had reported me and just wanted a statement and it was nothing to worry about- yeah right lol!! iv not eaten for days and started biting my nails which is something iv not done before. but im ok, i hope you are too hun :)

just out of interest, is it more serious if you get called in for a compliance interview than if you have a home visit compliance interview? i had a home visit back in 2010 for the same thing and she closed the case, this time iv got to go to the job center and see the same lady who came out.

just out of interest, is it more serious if you get called in for a compliance interview than if you have a home visit compliance interview? i had a home visit back in 2010 for the same thing and she closed the case, this time iv got to go to the job center and see the same lady who came out.

No, it doesn't make any difference really. Sometimes Compliance want to visit you to check out your living arrangements, I guess, especially if they're making a token investigation into a "living with partner" allegation. If they really thought you'd done something criminal, it would be FIS (Fraud Investigation Service) and not Compliance who would be dealing with it, and they'd probably conduct any interview under caution.

Basically, you see Compliance when they're doing a random check on your claim (this does happen) or if they have received a suggestion that you're committing fraud but they aren't really taking it seriously. In some cases you might see them if they think your benefit is wrong but don't think there's any criminal fraud involved.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is normally malicious.

Yes, it's depressingly common. I wonder how much time Compliance and FIS spend dealing with this nonsense.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi again. I feel that they shud take names of callers to stop wasteing there time and puttin fear into the inocent. Wen I tuk my compliance explanayion letter I asked why not take names. Man said we hav to take any calls. I feel they shud take names to put an end to these jelous people. I hav had a fair few aqusations from various organisations. And case always been closed. These people need to be caught. The root cause is there jelousy n they need help. I wish u well on your visit. If it was serious they wud hav f I s. As long as u no the truth. Keep me informed. Thanku. I jus feel it was a conformation my visit.

Hi again. I feel that they shud take names of callers to stop wasteing there time and puttin fear into the inocent..

Totally agree Amanda, and what a waste of time it must be for them to keep following up on this rubbish and making people worry at the same time, if they made people give their name they still wouldnt have to share it with the person being investigated :mad2:

I agree snailz. It would be better if they had to give there name. And the compliance team don't have to tell us. It would then help milicious cases be traced. Try to think it will go well because ur not goin under caution and if your stil gettin ur benefits payments all must be ok. I supose its for them to be doing there jobs.

They asked me that an anonymous hotline call been made n said I live with my boyfriend n said his name. N that I work n do hairdressing. I havnt worked for 16 years n been raisin my 4 boys I dnt live with my boyfriend. N my ex was mental abusive n years ago used know my ex. So its jelousy. The lady sais was anonymous call. N she said we wil get evidence. I believe they do that before n a signed to confirm. That's wats happened. Thanks

hi sorry ignore that question i mis-read your situation and saw that your bf has not been questioned. but if you dont mind telling me the questions asked so i know what to expect and how long i will be there as i need to arrange for my mum to have my youngest, thanks :)

• 1 month later...

hi i would like to thank the consumer forum for such great posts,,, i rang the compliance team,,it was 6 weeks lator and i spoke to the lady who visited my home,,, she said if no one has contacted me the case is closed,,,,she said i had nothing to worry about,,,i just feel that all that worry n waiting was a waste of energy as they leave you in the background,, i thought they would have sent a letter to tell me case had been closed..... i feel cos im on benefits,,they seem to treat us lower,,however we are all equals,,,,,to snailz,,how is ur case going for yourself? hope it is okay for you,,ur in my thoughts....thanks

they said they couldnt trace the anonymous caller,,,mayb they should take there names but not have to tell the accused,,,,i would like to shaire the latest last nite with that ex,,,,he hacked into my facebook and myboyfriends..he put lotsa vulgar speech on our walls making our i was writing to my boyfriends wall,,n vice versa,,n he was adding words on my chat to my sister in law,,, me nn my boyfriend had to do security changes,,,,,i wonderin when willl this person stop,,,,it has been goin on for a year now,,,i rang police n they will not trace...... i just wqant to be left alone wth the lotsa aqusations to various organisations,,, i have jus moved house 2 week ago to get away from cobwebs,,,,,,,,,, thanku for reading