Default for an account that should be closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I hope you can help point me in the right direction.

In 2008 I opened a mobile broadband account with Vodafone online. I received a dongle and was on a contract for pay monthly. Within a week or so of getting the dongle I realised that I was not in a well serviced 3G area and promptly returned the device where I was assured the account would be closed.

I noticed a month or so later that Vodafone was still taking money so I cancelled the DD and requested a refund for the charges. I was travelling when I noticed this and dropped the ball. The charges were so small that I didn't feel the need to chase it any further.

Recently I have been looking at getting some credit and found that I was being declined. I checked my credit file and found that a default had been registered for a mere £100.

After contacting Vodafone several times they are not willing to listen to my side of the story and it has taken months to get any information out of them, for example the mobile phone number.

I really just want this default gone as quick as possible as such a small amount is ruining my ability to get credit and distressing me and my partner as we look to buy a home. I have even contemplated offering a compromise in paying it off in exchange for removal even though I feel that is admitting defeat it has crossed my mind.

I would really appreciate anyone who could help me get the ball rolling.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

Stop dealing with the call centre drones, They have no idea what to do when they have to deviate from their script. Instead, why not let Lee help.

Follow this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Make your complaint and when you get the automated reply number, post it on this thread so that Lee can find you

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Annihilation,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

As suggested by silverfox could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once you've received our automated reply could you update the thread with your email reference number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...