Capital One and Future Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I finally found the Post button ! Sorry about that.

I had previous postings about a Charging Order levied upon my wife by TBI Financial Services.

I have posted an update about that today on the original thread but I now have new problems.

Since the CO was registered and the CCJ relating to it put on file, other DCAs are now chancing their arm and sending

threatening letters about debts which are either not recognised at all and are in no way ever going to be acknowledged, or debts that I know are statute barred.

Examples are as follows:

1. Capital One debt. Neither my wife or I have ever had Capital One anything, but we are getting letters from

Lowell, Robinson Way and somebody else, think it is Frederickson regarding a Capital One account.

They have my wife's name and are adding a new additional christian name into the address, which is very shocking.

They also try different combinations of the name on the letters. Putting one name first, trying initials and various other deceptive tactics.

Lowell are also asking for a debt for a Creation Finance. again we have no trace of this company, after checking our financial records back as far as 2005, which is as far as we can go with our bankers.

My wife does have other debts with Lowell, so I suspect that they could "produce" some form of agreement which is not true copy.I have not written to them yet as I wanted to ensure getting the correct wording.Your assistance would be most welcome on dealing with Lowell, as they made my 87 year old mother in law so ill with her debts she had to spend some time in a convalescent home.

We have never ever dealt with Capital One quite honestly.

2. We have a hand written letter from Future Finance in Jersey asking about a very old debt to the Associates which was disputed back in 2004 by CCCS and we never ever heard any more about it, as it was apparently a duplicate of a debt that is on my wife's DMP with Payplan. CCCS phoned Associates at the time and was told to ignore the debt as there had only ever been one account.

My wife also phoned Associates at the time and was told that there was some sort of reference number error and that they would write it off and confirm to CCCS. Shortly afterwards CCCS took it off the DMP.

That was 8 years ago and lo and behold we now have this letter from a Future Finance which appears to be about this debt. It has little arrows on the page - is this Arrow Finance DCA in disguise ?

3. A letter from Robinson Way asking for a very small amount for a Next account. again neither me or my wife have ever had a Next account ! We are the wrong shape and size guaranteed ! I am going to send that back with a nasty letter but I am more concerned about the first two. Clearly the CO has put us onto the DCA map for intimidation and my wife is ill with disability and I am not going to see her made worse by these timed out vultures.

All the above have surfaced since the CO was registered at the land registry and the CCJ went on.

I presume that a lot of this is DCAs trying to clear their books but it is causing terrible distress for us. We have all our true debts on DMPs with Payplan and there is no way that these other debts are ours, tracing back to 2004 / 2005.

Any advice would be much appreciated by me and my wife.

Kind regards

Hi there

All i can add is any debt you believe is statue barred check credit files etc and i think its 6 years from last payment made.

You could SAR the original creditors to find out when the last payment was made if they are past it then you just need to send them a letter saying its staue barred and that you are not making any payments now or in the future.

As for unrecognised debts CCA the DCA's and find out if they even have the right to the debts and if they are legit.

Others will be along to help you shortly in more detail.

Kind regards

pers i'd be IGNORING THEM TOTALLY

let them try and fleece you.

they cant!!

sounds like there might be a wee bit of fraud going on from the olda ddress?

I take it you've moved in the last few years?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...