Debt_mountain vs GE Money

debt_mountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I sent for the SAR, got the info ok. Then sent the prelim asking for my money back and they sent a quick reply saying sorry you are not happy, we think it is fair charges but as a guesture of goodwill here is your money.

that was easy....quick... are they learning that paying at this stage is cheaper. I have missed out on the interest!!!:mad:

I have conditionally accepted this for 2 reasons. 1- they have credited it to my closed account and 2 they must remove the default against me as this was a direct cause of the default in the first place.

LBA was sent along with my conditional acceptance, they have 10 days.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Hi Dept Mnt.

I'm a bit confused have they refunded your charges ?:confused:

Why have you sent an LBA if they have agreed to settle?:confused:

AL;)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Guest ian cognito

Hmmmm interesting don't blame you about payment into account or default, were these storecard charges, not much use in the account are they?

e28bigalbexley

I was sending them a letter asking for the payment in a cheque but also this was the first time I was going to ask for the default removal, I did not have that in my prelim.

Don't want to wait for a reply from them saying "no" to the condition I set about the default removal, which is very likely what they will say and then start the 10 day LBA step.

Just keeping the timelimit as short as possible.

Just have to see what they do now.

If it gets as far as Court dont forget to list removal of the default in the 'details of claim' section.

Al

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

I am intending claiming back charges from /nationwide, Natwest bank, G.E.Money and Barclaycard and i am seeking advice. I have recieved accounts from Nationwide going back 6 years, what address to i go through to begon claim, i have also received accounts from Barclaycard going back about 3 years.

Re. Natwest i sent a cheque for £5 for my statements which has been cashed but as yet no statements have arrived again do you know who at Natwest do i deal with is it the branch or head offive.

I hope this makes sense as i am not very computer literate with all the jargon and shortcuts so if i am a bit long winded i apologose......thanks tony47

Guest ian cognito

Tony start your own threads in the relevant forums and then people will be able to answer your questions.

The bank forums are at the bottom of the forums homepage.

Well the cheque has now been sent but still not going to remove the default.

MCOL will be issued when my LBA timelimit is up and I will be going for close to £2000 in damages due them not removing my CRA info .

Grounds for the MCOL are

1 - Cank charges were unlawful and made up the amount that was defaulted

2 - My contract has ended thefore their right to share also ended.

3 - If is causing me and my family distress and financial hardship (damages)

By the time my LBA timeline is up I will have an indication of how my Cabot damages claim is going and it will help me progress GE.......

• 3 weeks later...

Defence due in by Wednesday next week but on the way home got a call from GE solicitors wanting to talk about settlingout of court. He is calling me back on Friday pm to discuss my claim.

Excellent

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Settled out of court but can't discuss the details as I have a non-disclosure agreement. Sufficient to say both parties are happy.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Debt Mountain, by god you are making some progress - well done. I hadn't seen this thread until now. Your mountain seems to be shrinking and I take my hat off to you. Can't wait to see what you are going to do to Cabot .