Court Papers Received..but I dont know why my name is on them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please can someone help me. I have received small claims court papers. I have been listed as a defendant as has my boyfriend. It is for non payment of something or the other. My boyfriend says he was expecting the papers as he is in dispute with a firm but has no idea why I have been listed.

In the claim there is the agreement he entered, the form has both his name and my name. He has signed the papers they have sent a copy of, I have not, as I have never seen them. At one point we were going to do it jointly but then changed our minds, so the only thing at all that has my name on is this bit of paper, anything further is only in my boyfriends name, I stress, again I haven't signed anything !

I have never been contacted by the company demanding any monies etc. Can I simply write to the court asking that I be removed from the claim or do I have do submit a defense that says shows me where I entered into any agreement with the claimant ?

Any advice would be great please, it seems wrong that I can be listed willy nilly as a defendant.

Hi, I will put a link to this thread on your BF's thread - I suspect that all the answers will be given there.

As advised, by steampowered, your defence should simply state that at no time have entered into a contract with the claimant and fail to see why they have issued a claim against you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This appears to be the root of confusion " on the claim there is the agreement he entered, the form has both his name and my name. He has signed the papers they have sent a copy of, I have not, as I have never seen them. At one point we were going to do it jointly but then changed our minds, so the only thing at all that has my name on is this bit of paper, anything further is only in my boyfriends name, I stress, again I haven't signed anything !"

The above statement would signify that you refer to the actual agreement...joint application...probably processed as joint...but you didnt sign it ,therefore the agreement is not executed as joint and any claim should be in one name only ...if the agreement with one signature only is valid.

Are both your names on the statements?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Are both your names on the statements?

Regards

Andy

Hi,

No, my name is not on any statements or anythign else other than the application form (without a signature, but I didnt put my name on the form) the only signature on those forms/terms are those of my partner (unmarried).

novice, I think we had decided that you would simply submit on the claim form that.

You have never entered into any agreement with this company.. I will try and get some exact wording for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

is this ok

1. I’m listed co-defendant in the claim zzzzzzzzzz

2. I contest the full amount of the monies said to be owed.

3. The other listed defendant is my boyfriend Mr zzzzzzzzzzz

4. Mr zzzzzzzzzz & myself are not married.

5. I am a separate legal entity to Mr zzzzzzzzzz.

6. At no point in time have I entered into any business arrangement with the Claimant.

7. I have never received any written communication from the claimant.

8. I have never received any written demand for monies or otherwise from the claimant.

9. Mr M zzzzzzzzz is not an authorised legal signatory on my behalf.

10. I do not appear as a signatory on anyof the forms submitted by the claimant which one would expect had I entered into any arrangement with the claimant.

11. The signature on the exhibits/formssubmitted by the claimant is that of the co-defendant Mr zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

declaration

If you could provide details of the particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi,

The POC are in the thread about renewal commission posted by my BF (I cant post links though, I have tried, post count not high enough) I have tried to attach them here:

[ATTACH]44233[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44232[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Thanks for this, as soon as andyorch is back online, I am sure he will be able to help :)

BCOBS

So its a Tenancy Agreement...I thought it was a loan or credit agreement...:roll:.your post ~8 is fine

Regards

Andy

Thread moved to Residential/Commercial lettings.