• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Motormile help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been receiving text/calls/emails from these people for months so sent them the harassment letter and the revocation of doorstep letter. Today my ex wife received a letter at her house which I would just like some advice on. I have posted the transcript of the letter below, so could somebody please be able to give me some advice on how to respond, thanks

Dear Mr XXXXXX

I understand you have decided to revoke your doorsteplicence. In addition to this, you wouldlike us to remove any contact telephone numbers we hold for you.

Firstly, I feel it is important to note that the contactinformation we hold for you was provided to us by Quickquid who issued you theloan. QQ obtained the information directly from you during the applicationprocess. I can confirm that the contacttelephone number details we hold for you have now been removed from the aboverecord.

In relation to your notification of your revocation ofthe doorstep licence regarding our intention to send an agent to your home todiscuss the debt. I can confirm that weare fully aware of this and we ensure we fully comply with the OFT guidanceregarding debt collection and visits by agents. You are not correct in your assertion that, under OFT rules, we can onlycall at your home if you agree to make an appointment. The debt is not reasonably disputed ordeadlocked, and we are giving you reasonable notice of the timing of theintended visit.

In law, a creditor is in a different position to apostman or a member of the public asking for directions. When you took this loan, you impliedly agreedthat the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment. You do nothave the contractual right to revoke that agreement until the loan has beenrepaid.

We will not disregard any reasonable requests you make asto the timing or method by which we have those discussions. Unless we hear further from you with such arequest, we therefore give you notice that our agent will be calling at youraddress to discuss repayment of this loan.

Alternatively, please contact us on 08009961103 and quoteref Mxxxxxxx to arrange a repayment plan for the outstanding balance.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Barry ellershaw

[email protected]

Ignore it and report it to the OFT. This company is the lowest of the low. Do not believe ANYTHING they say.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

their doorsteppers are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Thanks for the replies, I have already reported them to OFT and am not worried by their continual threat of home visits. I just wanted some information regarding the part in their letter that states in law a creditor differs from a postman re home visits. Despite them saying they have removed my phone details I have received 47 calls or texts in the last week. I have again reported to the OFT, is there anything else I can do to report these for Harrassment?

just silly willy waving

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OFT guidance says that the doorstep collectors CAN come to your house, but ONLY if you make an appointment with them. They are not allowed to turn up uninvited. The reason they do is because nobody knows their rights and therefore don't complain.

No appointment = no visit. Thats why we advise to send the doorstep collectors letter to make them aware that you know your rights and you wont hesitate to issue complaints to the regulators.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

This letter your wife received appears to be their standard template response to anyone revoking implied right of access. They sent me the same via email.

I'm also being harassed by them and am compiling records of all calls & texts received from them. Today alone, there has been 3 or 4 missed calls on my mobile & 4 calls to my housephone, leaving messages from Shane the robot. All between the hours of 9am & 2pm! Their autodialler must have been smoking today!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Hope you have reported them to the OFT and OFCOM.

Complain as follows to

Mr Robert Sands

Director of Compliance

MMF Ltd.

Ref: use theirs.

re: Doorstep visits.

Dear Mr Sands,

I refer to the ridiculous letter from MMF dated xx xx xxxx signed by xxxxxxxxxx, it seem to me that the writer is either seriously misinformed or dangerously delusional.

I am sure as director of compliance you must be aware that the statement that ''a creditor is different from a member of the public regarding visiting a private home' any agent, representative or employee of MMF Ltd., is just a member of the public has no authority, or powers to insist on visit my property without my agreement.

The statement that the terms & conditions of a credit agreement allow for these visits also has no merit.

As to complying with OFT Guidance from what my research into the conduct of MMF Ltd is nearly always in breach of some section of the guidance and I'm sure that the OFT has a very large file of complaints regarding the conduct of the company.

For clarification any person purporting to represent MMF Ltd call at my property will be 'invited' to leave immediately or be removed. I will not discuss any financial matters with any such person.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: