mackenzie hall - again...

Lizlewin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from mackenzie hall today - basically saying they are attempting to contact this person (me) and asking me to ring them. It doesn't specify what it's in connection with. It's possible I have some outstanding debt (I've been bad in the past at remembering to pay bills) but certainly nothing that clearly springs to mind.

Reading through previous posts on mackenzie hall I can't quite decide whether I would be better off ignoring it all together - or whether I should write to them saying yes this is me - can you send me details of what this is in connection with (in case there is a true debt there). Please advise... I gather ringing them is a bad idea. I did in fact try, but couldn't get through, then thought I might just check them out as I didn't particularly like the tone of the letter - so glad i found this site...

Do not call them, they will make your life hell if you do!

If they have something to say then let them write to you and spell it out. Until then ignore this excuse of a company. If they do write to you then you can deal with the matter but not before then.

And don't call them, got that?

• Confused 1

Hi Liz,

I personally wouldnt try ringing them, wait till they write to you and take it from there would be my advice. It appears this may be a fishing expedition not unlike the calls I have been getting from another DCA

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hi nailpost, sorry about that I must have been typing while you posted :-D but my sentiments exactly

• Confused 1

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

After having heard nothing from the toerags otherwise known as Mackenzie Hall since 6th August (red postcard, which was treated with the contempt it deserved..ignored and burnt) I thought I might actually have been blessed with the good fortune of never hearing from them again.

No such luck...they telephoned my home number this afternoon and my wife (who takes no BS from anyone) answered.

Firstly after asking to speak to me, she asked who they were and what they wanted...they claimed they were my bank and as to what it was about...they couldnt say as they'd be in breach of the Data Protection Act if they told her. She promptly put the phone down.

2 minutes later they call back...asking for me again (I was out with my 3 year old daughter at this time)..the moron at the other end says he is from Mackenzie Hall and DEMANDS to speak to me very rudely...my better half gets seriously p'd off at this tosser's attitude and slams the phone down then gets BT to block their number. Now they'll have to write to me when I (and my solicitor) can tear them to shreds!

Trust me Ozzy there is no way on this planet that I am going to add to my phone bill by calling those toerags.

I await their next move with keen anticipation...and will keep everyone up to date with developments.

They don't frighten me one iota.

Anyone from Mackenzie Hall reading this.....BRING IT ON YOU SCUMBAGS!:mad:

Here is the latest update.

The following "love-note" came from those delightful specimens of pond life this morning.

FINAL NOTICE

We have been instructed by Cabot Financial to recover this Overdue Account, in the sum of £365.97 on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, they will not hesitate to take such further action as may be appropriate.

We trust this action will not be necessary and would request that you send your payment within 7 days, via the enclosed business reply envelope.

BLAH Blah Blah.....

I have already fired off CCA letters to both Scumkenzie Hall and their partners in slime Cabot by recorded mail.

I'll be damned if I am going to part with one penny to these shysters when the alleged debt is well over 6 years old and having received NO communications whatsoever about this debt from either of these so called "companies" in all that time, apart from the red postcard in early August.

The best of it was, the "enclosed business envelope" did not exist!

They can go fookin whistle...next step my solicitor gets involved..:mad:

Hi all

I've had a few letters from Mackenzie Hall myself and also from Cobot who stopped writing after a year or so, these companies are both chasing the same debt, a pair of credit cards from, get ready.... 1993, both were defaulted on when I lost my business and went through a rough patch some 13years ago. I had heard nothing until about 2 years ago when Cobot sent 2 letters about 10 days before Christmas to my mothers house (my old address) I asked her to open them while I was on the phone and she was not best chuffed I can tell you. One was for £2200 and the other about £2500, when the cards were defaulted in 1993 they stood at about £800 between to TWO of them.

I did nothing did not ring them did not write, nothing. Anyway been reading a bit on here and another site re: debt removal, cleaning up your credit history etc... and I started to look into this statute barred thing. I am as we speak preparing the letters now to send in the morning as I have waited for almost 2 years for these b*&^&rds to give up but it looks like this may be the only option.

I'm not 100% sure that contacting them is the best thing to do so if you have already done this (statute thing) then please let me know.

Thanks

James

PS They have also put 4 TRACE markers on my Equifax Credit report that cannot be removed (apparently).

enigmaworld, start your own thread, keeps things easy to follow. :)

In short, if they are still contacting you and you haven't paid or otherwise acknowledged the debt go for the same letter. As for the markers, they should be removed after 6 years, like everything else.