Eviction ** Suspended **

J402
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, have you been in touch with the lender to let them know your circumstances?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What date is on the eviction notice?

Who is the mortgage company?

How much are the arrears?

How long does the mortgage have left to run (years)

Do you have any children living at home?

• Haha 1

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, take a photocopy of your job offer letter and take it (along with the original) to the hearing. You can then show the judge that you have new employment and will be able to make payments.

When you get to the court ask if there are any duty legal advisors you can speak to - if there are ask them to support you in the hearing. If there are no advisors - when you get into the hearing, the judge will address you first as it's your application - when he/she has finished speaking say to him/her "Sir/Madam, may I show you a letter offering me employment - I will be able to make payments to the arrears going forward" and then hand it over.

• Confused 1

The building society will probably send representative from a local solicitors firm - they are usually instructed at the last minute and don't have much information other than what the arrears are etc.

I think if you can show the judge that you have a new job offer you should be OK.

Did you put all the info you described in your earlier post (11) in your witness statement?

I think you have covered the reason for the arrears and now you have a new job offer I'm sure it will be OK .

Stay positive :)

Hi, did you tell them that you had a hearing tomorrow ?

They probably haven't seen the copy of your application that the court sent them - the legal departments of most lenders are very slow at opening mail/receiving faxes etc.

When you ger to the court don't forget to ask if there are any duty advisors present that could support you in the hearing.

Not all courts have them unfortunately although sometimes the CAB or local authority housing advisors can be there.

That's great news - well done :) sound like the judge was very fair.

Were there any duty legal advisors at the court ?