• Tweets

• new thread created for this parking CCJ. please only post here now.  
    • So how can the courts then issue a CCJ?! Confirmed by Registry Trust? and issued by CNBC?! 😡  I'll phone again tomorrow and get all the details.
    • dx is wrong there. The reason they did the application with a hearing is likely that they had questions of the application that weren't answered in their wx. nothing to do with your N180 no they are just saying that they want the extension to make it 7.
    • its not a fine! it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge dx
    • Agreed, though I do think you should change your avatar to that anyway as most of your posting comes from that region anyway 🤣 At least it will liven up my interest in what must be the two most boring candidates for PM that I can ever remember 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Associates/Citi SAR for PPI **WON +£6k**+ **THEN CHARGES WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Following various advice gained on here I have recently received Statements and

as far as I can tell other useful details of PPI payments to the above account (prior to cancelling in 2003)

and also details of all charges ranging from £25 down to £12.

These I understand can now be reclaimed for payment to me as the defaulted debt was sold to Cabot some time ago.

There is a reasonable amount of about £1500 for both PPI payments and charges

and I understand that I can claim interest on both PPi payments and charges

but not sure a which rate to claim.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

at the average rate that you were charged on your account by citicards probably in the region of 24.9%-30%

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hello Boltmaker,

Firstly, do you have all the statements for your accounts going back to the start of the accounts? If not have you sent a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) to the banks involved to obtain the information? There is help on this in another part of the forum to guide you through that process.

Assuming you have all the relevant information for your accounts - the statements should tell you what percentage of interest they were charging you for both PPI and the Unfair Charges. If you are going back many many years then it should be contained within your terms and conditons.

If I am correct, Associates/Citi cards were usually charging approx 30% However, you will probably have better success in claiming 24.9% unless of course you are prepared to go to court and explain to the judge but, you will have a tough time proving your case (speaking from experience). I take it your account is over 6 years old? If so, then you will have a tough ride claiming charges from Citi so be prepared.

I will find you a couple of links to research for your calculations and so long as you have the relevant information to enter into them, it is a simple process to arrive at the figure you would be claiming.

How much are we talking about for PPI and how much for charges (approx) Is the £1500 mentioned earlier a total for both or each?

• Haha 1

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Hi Shelley181146,

Thanks for your reply. I sent for SAR from Citi and received large package containing nearly all statements from 2000 to 2010 when account was sold on to Cabot. PPI payments calculated as £2484.63 and a rough calculation at 24.9pc over ten years is a wonderful sum. Charges are £1514. and over the same length of time are another great figure if I can get it.

Apologeis for not getting back to you sooner, been poorly.

So, Citi have been compliant with the information they sent to you?

From personal experience I fought to get compound interest on PPI over 6 years old and won by obtaining judgmenet by default through the courts and sending the bailiffs in.

However, the charges were a different story. Be prepared for a strong fight with the LA 1980.

Morning to you all,

Need some help with a PPI claim against c card.

Total PPI payments from Dec 2003 to Aug 2005 amount to £2488.63.

Usesing the FOS spreadsheet interest is shown at 8% as £1955.85, making a total of £4444.48,

but I understand that I should claim at an interest rate of 24.9% which make s a huge difference in the total.

Cannot get FOS sheet to operate at 24.95.

it merely shows interest at 8%. Seems I am doing something wrong somewhere but I do not know what.

which card is this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ims21 and DX100Uk.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Yes SAR credit card (CITI) and have all statements from 2000 thru to 2009.

PPI ran from Dec 2003 thru to Aug 2005 when I cancelled it.

Statements show PPi at varying amounts each month along with the balances.

I have transferred the PPI amounts onto the FOS spreadsheet as the notes indicate but only at 8% which I could not change.

There is I am sure a vast difference in this percentage and the percentage that Citi charged which I am led to believe was 24 to 30%.

Difficult to tell from the statements as ithey do not show as a total APR as do modern statements.

two threads merged

keep to one thread please

use the FOSCISHEET

This fourth spreadsheet is useful in calculating a regulatory based compound interest award for PPI on a Revolving Credit Account. Or for a PENALTY charges Reclaim. Not all statements are required for this sheet because it will work out the compound interest on the PPI payments you do know about. It will not work out the additional 8% interest, to do that you will need spreadsheet three above AND all of your statements.

FosCISheet v101.xls

put THEIR AVG int rate in cell D15

you can copy and paste over cols 1/2/3 from the old spreadsheet.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100UK,

Once again thanks for your quick responses.

I have another question now,

what date can I claim up to.

One piece of advice tells me that I can claim from Dec 2001 to Aug 2005 when payments stopped.

Other advice tells me I can claim the interest up to the present date.

Which is right please?

up until either when int was stopped or the account was closed [where their int was stopped]

you can charge at their int rate/.

from then till now

put [that] total figure as a whole

into the statint sheet

you can claim 8% stat int from the date their int stopped till today.

dx

and they

Thanx very much DX100UK. That brings it to a great total of around £21k. Not in any doubt I will have a real battle on my plate to get them to repay and will have to resort to FOS

• 3 months later...

threads merged [again]

so not anywhere near £21k then?

dx

and they

good well done

ok

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

and they

• 1 month later...

Following on from a reasonable reclaim of PPI from Citi cards I wrote to them some weeks ago reclaiming CC charges but got a reply which was a total refusal. Followed this by writing to FOS. Can now report that today received a letter from FOS stating that Citi reluctantly have agreed to repay £586 charges plus interest, another success against these sharks.

that's an unusual result

the fos rarely get involved in charges claims let alone recommend they cough!

dx

and they

The real message here is keep at them, you as a claimer/reclaimer have nothing to loose and if successful a lot to gain and you certainly do not need rip off reclaim PPI companies to do the work which you can do yourself for nought except for a bit of postage. Pester them the same way as a DCA would pester you, or go to FOS again at no cost and good luck.

Hi DX, Yeah that was my understanding too but when Citi refused my claim they sent along with the refusal letter a FOS pamphlet to contact FOS in not satisfied so I thought give it a try and coming home today after a weeks holiday in Lincolnshire and receiving that news from FOS it was well worth the try.

well done boltmaker, was this a seperate charges reclaim or did the fos decide it was further redress for your ppi claim ie you would not have incured charges but for the ppi?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Following on from a reasonable reclaim of PPI from Citi cards I wrote to them some weeks ago reclaiming CC charges but got a reply which was a total refusal. Followed this by writing to FOS. Can now report that today received a letter from FOS stating that Citi reluctantly have agreed to repay £586 charges plus interest, another success against these sharks.

I presume your cc charges claim was not older than 6 years?