Freedom Pass court date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again, well I sent my pleas in letter with medical evidence showing my stress levels and suggested that this contributed to my absentmindedness in picking up the pass that day. ( I did have a prepaid pass that day but in panic didnt even tell the inspector that this was mine just in case I had mistakenly taken that on too. The prosecuter wasnt buying it and said that my prepaid card showed limited use compared to the freedom pass even though my mum had definately used it- ( I have another pass which i use more often too but he wasnt buying that as well). He told me firmly that it would go to court but I persisted on the phone as I was in a state and he reluctantly said a colleague would review it in a couple of hours but as the court was tomorrow it would be difficult. Thankfully his colleague showed leniency and seemed to give me the benefit of the doubt and I was fined over 400 and had to pay instantly in one payment too. I was charged for four weeks of fares as well as they only look back at the last 4 weeks of use. It was an awful experience and I really thought I would end up in court today

Hi again, well I sent my pleas in letter with medical evidence showing my stress levels and suggested that this contributed to my absentmindedness in picking up the pass that day. ( I did have a prepaid pass that day but in panic didnt even tell the inspector that this was mine just in case I had mistakenly taken that on too. The prosecuter wasnt buying it and said that my prepaid card showed limited use compared to the freedom pass even though my mum had definately used it- ( I have another pass which i use more often too but he wasnt buying that as well). He told me firmly that it would go to court but I persisted on the phone as I was in a state and he reluctantly said a colleague would review it in a couple of hours but as the court was tomorrow it would be difficult. Thankfully his colleague showed leniency and seemed to give me the benefit of the doubt and I was fined over 400 and had to pay instantly in one payment too. I was charged for four weeks of fares as well as they only look back at the last 4 weeks of use. It was an awful experience and I really thought I would end up in court today

Thank you very much for that, it will help people in the future.

I hope you can move on with your life now and put this behind you. Take care with the passes though. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

That's very useful information. It's great to know you've managed to avoid a conviction. It certainly gives me more hope!

P.S. I do have a few questions, but I think I'll just ask them over at my thread.

Edited by Django2013