provident dca & fresh start - dodgy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im new here and just needed a bit of advice,

been reading these forums for a while and wised up to the tricks of debt collectors a little bit ,but any ways ive been with provident many years a loyal customer, and in december and january i recieved a letter stating they were chasing me for a debt from a diffrent company.

For weeks my dc who was a female never mentioned this as i excpected her too, the area boss never mentioned it to either me or my partner, i suffer with depression and anxiety so struggle to even answer the door to people so my partner does...any ways the female quit and then the area manager collected for a few weeks,

he even called one day collected, and the next day came back posted a card through the door when he knew we were in wanting me to contact him...i ignored it,,,he never came back,,now they have hired a meat head to collect my provident,,,,and just today at 7.30 pm another different meat head knocked at the door wanting me , my partner was caught off guard and said i wasnt in ( i guess there hiring big muscley men as its quite intimidating )

he asked what it was about and he said he couldnt say much but it was regarding a debt that provident were now collecting and on his paper it said fresh start ,,which i think is the name of the new loans they want you to take out to clear this...if i remember right these old debts are from 2005 2006 2007,,and because of suffering with depression and worrying i stupidly ignored them

I've read a lot here about debt collectors and old debts, but any advice on what i should do next would be greatly apreciated, ive been a loyal customer for years it just makes me angry they treat people this way . apologies if i have posted in the wrong place.

Edited by maroondevo52
Split text a bit.

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I had a letter last year from Provident, detailing about this fresh start, and I rang them up to ask about it, at the time all the hoohah had kicked off about them offering loans to pay off debts, they said they would get back to me but I heard no more.

Today I got a letter from them, not mentioning any fresh start but telling me all about their loans and how to apply. I haven't and wont, not that I would expect anyone to give me a loan with my credit rating at the moment.

If those debts are from 2005/6/7 are they not statute barred? I am sure one of our guys on here will be on to guide you.

Hi Unitedgirl,

Do you know what debt they could be chasing you for?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Unitedgirl,

Do you know what debt they could be chasing you for?

im sorry i have no idea, as i said back when i did have the debt collectors letters i stupidly ignored them i think it will be from a catalogue i fell behind on , defo from 2006 2007 and really think they could be sb ,he is coming back tomorow sometime.

dont open the door to him. Just tell him to bugger off.

Have a good read of: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

If they have ANYTHING to say, they can put it in writing, and not send a muppet to your door.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well he came this morning and again my partner answered the door,

he said he wanted it sorted out asap and my partner told him i was not signing anything as i new my rights on sb, debts,

he said ahh right no bother mate she sounds like she knows what shes talking about,

but i could of reduced the debt by 2oo pound now , but what il do is refer it back to arrow

she will have to pay full amount, he knows hes getting no where,

thanks to advice on this post and other posts

ive read i have learned a lot more ,

i will send them letters and am looking to complain about there tactics,

no doubt hes away to hassle some one else who hasnt even heard of this site

and known of there disgraceful behaviour to customers ((soon to be ex provident customer))

will wait and see if provident keep trying on this.

thank you everyone :)

Ignore him. He has ZERO rights. He will say and do ANYTHING to get money from you. That £200 crap he said, he wouldnt have even told his office that. He would have took money and they still would have chased you for the rest.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D