Brewery Personal Guarantee Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

Some years ago it is claimed I had a PG (joint and severally liable - partner is away for good) with a brewer and 5 years ago we went under. I have heard nothing from brewer until 4 weeks ago when a recorded delivery letter arrived at an address that I do not live at and today at an old workplace the same letter. Only because of contacts there I have heard about this. Both letters have been sent back via royal mail but contacts got a look at them before doing so.

The amounts stated in their letter are overstated in my view but as yet I have not had any direct contact from the solicitor acting on behalf of the brewer. If indeed it can be proven that a PG exists and that I am liable I am concerned that if I engage I will ultimately be made bankrupt and given i have recently left my job with a severance package lose all of that as it doesn't cover the full claim and that and in the end I will be unemployed without any savings.

The other option is to engage but would they be prepared to take so many pence in the pound deal? I feel I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't - I do not have any assets except a car and live in rented accommodation. To be honest I need some signposting as to who the appropriate people are to discuss this issue with without compromising either option and what possible outcomes are best pursued.

Thanks for any help

Skittles