Freedom pass problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

your reply is exactly what we want

fair balanced and above all, what cag is all about.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do get the prosecution letter bear in mind that they will leave you little time to prepare. Eg they will send you a letter 2 weeks from the actual court date which is what happened to me. 8

I've finally received the letter this morning (but dated from three days ago).

It states: "If you have any comments to make regarding this incident please write them on the reverse side of this letter and complete the information panel below, returning the whole letter, within 10 days."

Any advice on what I should write back? How should I go about explaining what I just wrote in this thread, i.e. about accidentally confusing my dad's freedom pass because my family use the same yellow Ikea wallets, and about me not having used it before that day.

Should I also mention my career goals and financial situation? I've been struggling to find work, with my only source of income at the moment coming from tuition, with the intent of pursuing a career in working with children at schools (I did a PGCE before, but wasn't able to complete it). If so, how should I go about explaining it?

Is there anything else I could add to help my defense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you do get the prosecution letter bear in mind that they will leave you little time to prepare. Eg they will send you a letter 2 weeks from the actual court date which is what happened to me. 8

I see. How did it go for you?

I've finally received the letter this morning (but dated from three days ago).

It states: "If you have any comments to make regarding this incident please write them on the reverse side of this letter and complete the information panel below, returning the whole letter, within 10 days."

Any advice on what I should write back? How should I go about explaining what I just wrote in this thread, i.e. about accidentally confusing my dad's freedom pass because my family use the same yellow Ikea wallets, and about me not having used it before that day.

Should I also mention my career goals and financial situation? I've been struggling to find work, with my only source of income at the moment coming from tuition, with the intent of pursuing a career in working with children at schools (I did a PGCE before, but wasn't able to complete it). If so, how should I go about explaining it?

Is there anything else I could add to help my defense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

yes and plead but don't waffle

offer to pay all reasonable costs etc, to keep your record clean.

also mention the effect it could have on your employment future

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there.

I agree with dx. Other advice here is to express genuine remorse.

This letter needs to be in your own words and sound sincere. A template isn't going to be helpful, but if you wanted to draft a letter and post it up here [minus personal details, etc], we can comment.

HB

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

I agree with dx. Other advice here is to express genuine remorse.

This letter needs to be in your own words and sound sincere. A template isn't going to be helpful, but if you wanted to draft a letter and post it up here [minus personal details, etc], we can comment.

HB

My best, HB

Yeah, I would really appreciate it if someone can check it out and comment on my letter.

But do you think it's okay to post it here? I'm just thinking... What if TFL check these forums?

yes and plead but don't waffle

offer to pay all reasonable costs etc, to keep your record clean.

also mention the effect it could have on your employment future

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try (and maybe post or e-mail a draft to someone willing to look at it) and see how it goes.

maybe post or e-mail a draft to someone willing to look at it) and see how it goes.

In my opinion it is always best not to post letters back and forth by PM. This is essential to ensure that every opportunity to be sure that the information is correct and to comply with what I believe CAG rules require in discouraging advice by PM.

Obviously you should not include any personal information from which you can be identified, but the general text of your letter can be posted and we can then see whether you have included anything that might be damaging.

In my opinion it is always best not to post letters back and forth by PM. This is essential to ensure that every opportunity to be sure that the information is correct and to comply with what I believe CAG rules require in discouraging advice by PM.

Obviously you should not include any personal information from which you can be identified, but the general text of your letter can be posted and we can then see whether you have included anything that might be damaging.

I see. Okay, I'll just post my letter with personal details removed. I should hopefully have something ready over the next 1-2 days.

Quite so, OC. :)

HB

the thread is here

i'll move your posts from here to below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?388719-Freedom-Pass-court-date

and they

Django,

if they will fine you bear in mind that the fine will have to be paid in full before the court date

so have around 400- 500 pounds ready to be paid promptly.

Also I would respond to the letter asap and just write a a4 page maximum with a heartfelt sorry , writing that it wont happen again.

Tell them truthfully that you picked up the wrong pass if that was the case as was with myself.

Also are you are a carer for your father and was there any additional stress such as caring that made you forgetful and hence you picked up thte wrong pass in a hurry.

Those factors might give help in getting a fine

But they did say to me that is everybody excuse and they will check the last 4 weeks of usage of the freedom pass

and your card to check if yours was being used which may or may not vindicate your story.

If and when they do respond to your prosecution letter

please write back to the prosecution team on that day

as otherwise they will say they have very little time to deal with the matter out of court

if you leave the sending of the letter even a day late.

I would also phone them regularly although I must warn you the prosecutors

( there are only 4 of them) are extremely strict and focus on prosecution) .

Good luck

Django,

if they will fine you bear in mind that the fine will have to be paid in full before the court date

so have around 400- 500 pounds ready to be paid promptly.

Also I would respond to the letter asap and just write a a4 page maximum with a heartfelt sorry , writing that it wont happen again.

Tell them truthfully that you picked up the wrong pass if that was the case as was with myself.

Also are you are a carer for your father and was there any additional stress such as caring that made you forgetful and hence you picked up thte wrong pass in a hurry.

Those factors might give help in getting a fine

But they did say to me that is everybody excuse and they will check the last 4 weeks of usage of the freedom pass

and your card to check if yours was being used which may or may not vindicate your story.

If and when they do respond to your prosecution letter

please write back to the prosecution team on that day

as otherwise they will say they have very little time to deal with the matter out of court

if you leave the sending of the letter even a day late.

I would also phone them regularly although I must warn you the prosecutors

( there are only 4 of them) are extremely strict and focus on prosecution) .

Good luck

Hey. I just saw your other thread and it's great to know you've managed to avoid a conviction. It certainly gives me more hope!

I found your advice about stress quite useful, as I do indeed care for my father quite often and it can get quite stressful at times. However, I noticed that you were able to present medical evidence. Would I need to present some kind of evidence too?

The last four weeks of my dad's freedom pass should be clean though. My dad said that he doesn't remember using the Freedom pass in several months, so that day I was stopped was probably the first day that Freedom pass was used in months. Do you think that might help my case somewhat?

P.S. I'm hoping to have a letter ready tonight and send it off tomorrow. I'll try to post a general outline of the letter here before I send it off though, just in case.

Edited by Django2013

Hi Django

I think what will help your case most is that you were not lying when you said it was a one off as your dad hasnt used it for months. Also you should still write that your a carer and lead a hectic life which made you too busy to notice the wrong card, an apology and stressing that this wil never happen again will help things I think. Does your dad have a scoical worker or any professional who can write you a quick letter confirming your a carer and suffer carers stress or something. Dont ask a doctor as they charge a wadful of money. However I wouldnt hold my hopes up, I had medical evidence( a letter confirming I had anxiety issues) which the prosecuter seemed to think was a non issue. He said no even after seeing my personal letters and circumstances but I begged him and he said he would get a coloeugue to review it. It was just praying hard that swung it for me as I managed to speak to the reviewing prosecutor who was more understanding. It was really a last minute thing. Make sure youve got the money in the bank to pay over the phone if they let you.

Hey. I just saw your other thread and it's great to know you've managed to avoid a conviction. It certainly gives me more hope!

I found your advice about stress quite useful, as I do indeed care for my father quite often and it can get quite stressful at times. However, I noticed that you were able to present medical evidence. Would I need to present some kind of evidence too?

The last four weeks of my dad's freedom pass should be clean though. My dad said that he doesn't remember using the Freedom pass in several months, so that day I was stopped was probably the first day that Freedom pass was used in months. Do you think that might help my case somewhat?

P.S. I'm hoping to have a letter ready tonight and send it off tomorrow. I'll try to post a general outline of the letter here before I send it off though, just in case.

Hello there. I don't recall if this was an Oyster card or not, but I'm pretty sure they can check the history over 8 weeks.

My best, HB

Hello there. I don't recall if this was an Oyster card or not, but I'm pretty sure they can check the history over 8 weeks.

My best, HB

The prosecutor told me that they could only go back as far as 4 weeks wiith the freedom pass.

Was it an Oyster one though kitoo? It's been said on this forum many times that it's 8, as I recollect.

HB

Yes HB, instant recall of 8 weeks journey record of Oyster usage is standard

It is possible, but much more complicated to get older information in some cases.

I sent off my letter at the end of last week, but unfortunately didn't have time to post it here and get it checked. Oh well, I'll just see how it goes.

By the way, how long does it usually take for them to respond? Weeks? Months?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks