Thankyou all and Advantis help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just wanted to say Thankyou to everyone who helps on this website which I first discovered after my husband got a parking fine for Aldi or Lidl and I (by chance) googled the company name. A-ha, I found lots of information here, never paid and I *think* they've given up now.

I recently returned due to a letter for Hubby from Advantis saying they were working on behalf of British gas for an old address. He panicked and made a £120 debit card payment immediately aaarrgghh (not as suspicious as me), he also set up a DD so I bet they were laughing. He wasn't happy about the dates given though as he was with me before their stated end date so he contacted his old council who gave him the dates he was liable for housing benefit/council tax there as he had been on benefits at the time. He sent that to Advantis who wrote back stating 'their client didn't accept that'.

So I googled Advantis and arrived back here. After a long and very difficult call to British Gas (in India?) repeating over and over and spelling out everything, British Gas say he owes NOTHING! Very odd. Although he's always paid his bills in full he did leave the former address quickly so may have owed a little bit ? He couldn't remember.

So he was back on the phone to Advantis telling them so and told them to prove he owes it and that he wants the £120 back (doubt he will get it, gullible sucker) but he's been to his bank, Lloyds TSB and cancelled the DD and they've given him a number to reclaim the £120 as it was fraud- I very much doubt it as he gave them info. They've told him he can do that for upto a year after. I don't believe that, however IF British Gas say he owes nothing at that or any other property, where on earth have Advantis come from?

They had the right start date for him living at the past address but a random end date. I'm relieved to read they can't actually do anything, weight off our minds! We will work with British Gas IF he does owe them as its only right but what do Advantis mean? Their client doesn't accept the dates. I think the letter from Doncaster council on headed paper should be seen as legitimate, after all, he moved 80+ miles to be with me. Also if BGas say he owes nothing why would they as the alleged clients of Advantis dispute the dates. I can't get my head around it. Would BGas have sold the debt and it not show on their system now? But then if its not on their system and they'd sold the debt, BGas wouldn't be clients of Advantis??

My brain a fuzzed. I've told hubby to write a prove it letter and send by rec delivery and write “cheque enclosed” on the envelope :wink: so they DO sign for it. Any brains know what they are playing at?

Edited by Conniff

Gena

Living off the cash in my purse and nothing else :crutch:

I've moved you into the Utilities - Gas, Electricity, Water Gena

Don't worry about them poo pooing the council letter, it is up to them to prove you owe and not for you to prove you don't, so write by recorded and tell them to either put up or shut up. Please don't be afraid of them.

You should have had the direct debits returned by now as this is an instant thing in accordance with the direct debit guarantee, if not then get right back on to the bank.

Thankyou, they hadnt actually grabbed by DD just the debit card whilst hubby on the phone. Off to other thread, thanks again

Gena

:bump:

I've changed the title as its going to be overlooked as it is. I was going to split the original post but can't edit it.

Hopefully sending the 'prove it' letter today. (But men in removing asbestos :sad:) Can anyone point me in the direction of a template? My hubby has already told them by phone to prove it though I just want everything written.

Gena