style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having bidded on a cycle on eBay I was really pleased that i'd won it. I messaged the seller to inform him that I would pay for the bike in a couple of days as I told him I was away. He, in the meantime, asked me if I could pay which I duly did two days after. The bike was over 300 miles away so I asked him if I could arrange collection in the next couple of weeks once I had arranged a way of collecting it.

The bike cost £300.

The original purchase was on 11/3/13

Payment date: 14/3/13

Through PayPal

On the 18/3/13 I was e/mailed by the seller asking me if I'd got his message as he'd sold the bike! At first I thought it was a mistake, but then realised that he informed me that he was going to give me a refund for the bike. I informed him that it was not his bike to sell and that it was mine since I had paid for it. I informed him that we'd entered into a legally binding contract and I would take it up with eBay to get their position on it.

Ebay told me has was in breach of contract and that they would also inform him.

I then informed my seller of the situation and told him I would get the authorities involved since he had broken the law.

He thinks he hasn't done anything wrong and was quite blaise about the situation!

Where do I stand and what's next is my question??

Gav

Hi, firstly get your money back, then report him to ebay, which you already appear to have done. Other than that, its one of those things you should put down to experience and move on. Honestly it is not worth going any further as the seller will come up with an excuse and it will not help you. Just let ebay know that you hold them liable and you want the seller removed. This would be the best outcome as it will be his lose in the long run. It is not worth doing your head it. That is the ebay world, lucky it was not a [[con/problem]] and you lost your money.

eBay will not care, they will do nothing, the seller will get a silly little message about eBay seller Policy blah D blah blah and that will be that. Get your money back and move on. The time, energy and money you will spend getting stressed over this will far outweigh the NOTHING you will get in return. And believe me, as an experienced eBayer. You will get nothing back. Put it down to experience and move on.

I have to agree with tigress and ashmk - distasteful as it is, you should put this down to experience. We find that Ebay do very little in helping with these disputes. As long as they have their cut, that is all they are concerned about.

Very disappointing I know.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D