Continuous payment authorities question.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cancelled all CPA's with the bank in writing as I'm a about to enter into an IVA.

This morning Pound Access took 3 payments off my card so I rang Barclays to inform them.

Barclays said that because this was the first time this company had taken any money out of my account they could not recharge the money back for these payments, only further payments going forward as no CPA was on place until they took the first payment.

Is this right?

As per your other post, barclays are wrong. It was an unauthorised transaction so they must refund it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They can cancel the transaction in progress. If theyve told youyou have to wait, be careful they arent fobbing you off, as their usual trick is to make you wait till its gone through then say "sorry. Cant refund".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I got a written response from lloyds to my letter about cancelling cpas, it stated that they couldn't cancel them, it's not a major factor for me now but intend to send a complaint to them regarding this just on principal.

Keep fighting Barclays and hope you get the money back

After speaking to several people at Barclays plus a manager they have told met hat they can't cancel these 4 payments that have been taken today.

They have said that they did recieve my letter requesting to canclem the CPA's and Pound Access was on the letter, but at the time of recieving it Pound Access did not have a CPA set up on my debit card so when they took the firsr ever payment this morning this would have to stand.

Is this correct or they just trying to FOB me off?