Andy long, great harwood blackburn - lancashire diesels, heys lane car sales, btc used cars

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I bought a car from LANCASHIRE DIESEL CARS (LDC aka HEYS LANE CAR SALES aka BUDGET TRADE CARS aka RUNABOUT CAR SALES and probably a few more different names) on the 2nd Feb 2013,

it was sold to me with a 12 months MOT done that same day and stated minor exhaust leak not excessive and some corrosion not excessive, the MOT was done by AUTO INSPECTION, INDUSTRY STREET, PERSERVERANCE MILL, OLIVE LANE, DARWEN.

I have barely used the car it's done roughly 100 miles since I bought it, anyway whilst I was driving along my exhaust fell off, I have now had my mechanic take a look and whilst underneath my car he found the floor so corroded that his finger went through it, pipes were cable tied and the sub was leaking that was just after 10 minutes under there

my mechanic has said that the car is a death trap and the MOT is not worth the paper it is written on.

I have been back and spoke to Andy Long's side kick who is supposedly called Joe,

he phoned Andy Long and he told me to get lost and that my issues were with AUTO INSPECTION as they are the ones who issued the MOT, also Joe told me that I wouldn't get very far as AUTO INSPECTION had covered their backs with the advisories.

I don't believe for a minute that corrosion can get so bad within a month.

My husband is going to contact CAB and VOSA and see where to go from here,

• Thanks 1

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

Go and see another independent garage and get a full report on the condition of the car. It might cost you money but you'll get that back if you are prepared to take the necessary action.

Take full photos of the car and any damage.

Write to the seller and also the MOT people and tell them that if you don't have your money back within 14 days that you will sue the seller in the small claims court without any further notice.

Tell them also that when you get your judgment that you will send a copy of it to Trading Standards and to the police as part of a complaint.

Tell them that if they settle in full, that you will consider that is the end of the matter. Tell them you are not bothered who is to blame - that is between them - however it will be the seller you are suing.

Frankly, if you win the case, I would report it anyway for the sake of others in the same boat

The AA or RAC will give opinions on such matters and their reports are accepted in this type of dispute.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The AA or RAC will give opinions on such matters and their reports are accepted in this type of dispute.

As would be a report from mickey mouse and David Cameron.

Corrosion in a floor pan is an odd thing to assess. The guidance is within a set distance from a load bearing area. Also bare in mind that the MOT is an opinion at the time of inspection.

I can see no reason for that comment I have found both companies services excellent on such matters.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to respond to your pm regarding this guy but I haven't made enough posts or something,

I got ripped off by him last April and trading standards are in the process of taking him to court.

I have given a signed statement for the case against him and the list of conned people was v.long, contact Mark Dawson at Lancashire Trading Standards

he is dealing with this guy I don't have a telephone number but my case number is ****** that might help them find him.

His email address is [email protected] good luck

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sammy,

I'm dealing with a very similar case on behalf of my dad who was [problem]med by these cowboys (Andy long of Btc Car Sales.) I'm in the process of making a claim in court with them i would be interested to hear how you are getting on. I've done a lot of home work on this and there are steps that need to be taken correctly before you can claim the money back. Check out these sites to help:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/how-to-complain[/url]

(check out the draft letter)

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_taking_action_e/consumer_legal_actions_e/consumer_small_claims_e/before_you_take_someone_to_court/letter_before_action.htm?button-to-stage=write

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Did you know that it's a criminal offence to sell a vehicle in an un-roadworthy condition? (Highways act 1988). You have to get the AA or Rac to prove this as a Garage has a vested interest and are not impartial so a court would not accept that as evidence.

Hope this helps please get in touch.

Hi Tea junkie,

I had vosa inspect my car last week, they have issued a mot failure mostly due to the corrosion.

Vosa interviewed the mot tester at the time of inspection and they are now prosecuting him, it's not the 1st time that he has been caught out issuing duff mot's,

the vosa guy gave my husband his contact info and is willing to help as best he can and he has stated that the car was sold in a unworthy road condition, It is that bad that I could have killed us.

I will pm you my info if you want to get in touch privately

I want to get get my money back but also I want to make sure these con men can't keep getting away with ripping people off!

I am currently waiting to hear form the CAB

Thanks for getting in touch

sam

• Like 1

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i'm not sure of the merits of that testing station either,

i'm currently having trouble over a car bought from a different trader in Darwen and everything seems dodgy to me.

i couldn't even find the testing station.

seemed odd that one of the traders i bought the car off was very near to where the sat nav told me the testing station should be. (their trading premises were somewhere else.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am also in dispute with him (my car did 30 miles and the engine seized with a £3000 repair bill)and was successful in getting judgement against BTC.

However as he seems to change names as often as he changes shirts

I contacted a High Court Enforcement Officer who said I need to arrange for the judgement to be served again but against him personally,

thanks to this forum I have his name.

She said that she would pursue him far more thoroughly than a bailiff would (as they have limited jurisdiction)

Thanks to this forum I now have his name.

The name changes seem to go on as he is now listed on Auto trader as Pre Used cars.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

With reference to the above **

Please do not confuse Heys Lane Motor Company Ltd - based in Oswaltwistle **

with the company being complained about who are based in Great Harwood, Blackburn, they are nothing at all to do with us.

They are in a totally different town where as we our based in Oswaltwistle.

Heys Lane Motor Company Ltd - based in Oswaltwistle, is a genuine family run business who take pride in looking after our customers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks