Harvey's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am totally at my wits end with Harvey's over a dining table and chairs set and looking for advice. I bought this on the 19th October 2012 for £500 plus £50 delivery. After 4 weeks received a phone call to say it would be delivered on a set day, i asked to change days as i was working and was told no so i took a days holiday from work. It never turned up, i got a phone call the following day to say the van had broken down and someone would be intouch. After a few weeks and numerous emails and phone calls a new delivery date was booked (again when they said and again i took a day off work). When the table arrived it was damaged, very poor quality veener all peeling and chips in the legs, the delivery driver wouldnt take it back. At the end of december (xmas day in fact) i sent a stinking email as when we extended the table for lunch more flakings were found. I heard nothing but then then mid Jan they sent someone out to look at it to try and repair it (What! i wanted a new table but went along with it ). The guy came and said he could repair but it would be obvious, Harveys asked if we wanted a replacement table and i said yes. I had to wait five weeks for that and yesterday after taking another day off work a new table arrived DAMAGED :-x in fact worse than the first. Of course i got on the phone and its like im right back at the start, the guy said i dont know what you expect me to do, we wont refund you, theres no manager around, its a twelve week wait on that table even if they agree to replace it again.

What can i do this is just so stressful and ive already used three holidays to arrange deliverys, etc

Not sure if it makes a difference but i paid on my credit card