status barred still showing on my credit file?

danielle86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stat Barred debts will appear until the 6 year ''life'' of the default expires.

What is the default date shown??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Experian remove defaults from your file exactly 6 years after the date of default, whether the account is satisfied or not. The term 'Status Barred' refers to the timeline lenders have to chase you for the debt, which is six years in England and Wales and five in Scotland.

The term Onfire is STATUTE BARRED RE THE LIMITATIONS ACT 1980.

The entry will be removed in March!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Experian remove defaults from your file exactly 6 years after the date of default, whether the account is satisfied or not. The term 'Status Barred' refers to the timeline lenders have to chase you for the debt, which is six years in England and Wales and five in Scotland.

Statute Barred = 6 years no payment or written acknowledgment of a debt which means it cannot be enforced in court, in England the debt still exists and is collectable by any means short of court action.

In Scotland the debt is extinguished after 5 years.

In England and Wales the debtor must inform the creditot/DCa that the debt is SB and they will not pay.

Please be careful when advising.

A little clarification:-

In E/W the Limitation period is normally 6 years from the date that the debt became due or was last acknowledged. Where noey is paid under a mistake - then the 6 years runs form the time that the mistake could reasonably have been appreciated.

In Scotland, the 5 yrs runs from the date that the breach/due date could reasonably have been appreciated - in other words, the Scottish limitation system works in the same way as it does for mistake in E/W - but with a longstop of 20yrs.

thanks, the account start date shows as 20/06/2006, the default date shows as 1/3/2007.

thanks,

danielle.x

Will be removed March 2013

Usually removed overnight on the anniversary of the default, maybe later if weekend is involved.

Usually removed overnight on the anniversary of the default, maybe later if weekend is involved.

Yep. I had 2 defaults removed yesterday. Just a CCJ to go now :D

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a debt on my file that occurred when i had a nasty split with my partner. The last date it was paid was 05/04/2008 but it is still showing as later payment on my file and every month has shown as 6 months late despite not being paid for almost 5 years. I have not been in touch with them either. I live in Scotland. Does anyone know what will happen in this situation. Will it have to default before it comes off my file despite the time that's already past?

May i thank you for any advice you can give me.

Hi, how much later is the payment showing on your credit files?

As you are probaly aware if no payment or written acknowledgment of a debt has been made in 5 years in Scotland the debt is not only statute barred but it is totally extinguished.

Defaulted or not it will go and the credit reference agencies cannot display an account that no longer exisist.

If you have proof of the actual accurate date of the last payment dispute it with the CRAs.

Hi, how much later is the payment showing on your credit files?

As you are probaly aware if no payment or written acknowledgment of a debt has been made in 5 years in Scotland the debt is not only statute barred but it is totally extinguished.

Defaulted or not it will go and the credit reference agencies cannot display an account that no longer exisist.

If you have proof of the actual accurate date of the last payment dispute it with the CRAs.

The agreement started in 2006 I stopped paying it in Apr 2008. Every month since then it shows as 6 payments late and doesn't state defaulted. I just wasn't sure if it would come off my file as statue barred as it hasn't actually been defaulted. It is update every month just keeps saying 6 months late.

It matters not, no payment oe acknowledgment so SB after 5 years and extinguished.