style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You'd think she realised this? There were upto 3-4 "managers" so, i'm as confused as they come.

Regardless, i'm going to call back tomorrow and stress that i am in no position to pay anything (i'm breadline here guys) and ask for some leniency once more.

No. DO NOT reply to RLP any more. If you do they will mark you as gullible and might even go after you through court thinking they will obtain a judgement by default.

Ignore RLP, please. RLP are just trying it on. If you really want to write to them, simple send them a one letter line stating that you deny all liability to them or any associated party, and any further communication will be regarded as harassmenet and will be reported as such to the authorities.

You WILL get one or two more letters from them that run into multiple pages stating and threatening everything under the sun, but that is all lies made up by RLP to try and pressure you into giving them money. Keep ignoring them and they will give up and move on to some other poor person.

Regarding the shop, as far as they are concerned, the matter is over and dealt with now. RLP will simply lie and change their story to pressure you into paying them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks man, i haven't actually replied to RLP, but their letter states i have 14 days to deny liability/defer the payment etc, so i'm guessing i should send them the one liner now and get it out of the way and just basically "move on" so to speak?

Obviously if some months down the line they send me a court date i'll mind but, to me it's one more circular to throw away of a morning i guess.

The only reason i contacted the shop was to get them to "officially" call off the RLP as opposed to my method of ignoring them.

In my eyes i have no money/assets, they COULD take me to court, i agree, but, the judge can't rule for what simply isn't there?

You can send the one liner, or ignore the letter. Both do the same job and it would mean you can "move on". Just remember what i said, they will send a few more letters which are full of lies and misinformation to try and force you to pay, but they will give up... eventually.

A judge would have to take the oxford case into consideration, should it ever go to court. ANd in that case, the judge specifically said that RLP had no basis for a claim at all, and railed both RLP and the retailer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Cheers mate. I'd feel more comfortable with the one liner but then again, if they both serve the same ends i'll hold onto the stamp and if they turn around and demand to know why i didn't respond, i'll simply say that i DID feel a liability to make amends with the branch manager/staff i put to trouble, not a middleman company demanding an outrageously overinflated sum (of which i learned today they keep 40-6-% of)

If they demand to know why you havent responded, keep ignoring them. Think of them as a schoolyard bully. Keep it plain and simple.

A thought comes to mind, as i understand it

* Store passes my details to RLP for pursual

* RLP contact me endlessly until i crack and start eating my post

* Nothing comes of it in the end though they may never stop contacting me

I wanted to ask another two things i questionned from reading other posts.

1 - IS there a difference between a DCA and a Bailiff?

I'm guessing a bailiff can only be sent AFTER an actual appearance in court/charge etc?

2 - If i was to negotiate terms with the store manager, in theory could the store not contact RLP to "call them off" so to speak?

Thanks guys!

DCA has no legal powers unless they own the debt. They're basically just noise. Bailiffs have some powers, but only in specific circumstances and can only contact you when instructed to by a court.

For a bailiff to even be considered involved with your debt, the creditor would need to take you to court, Win the case, you would have to not pay the installments granted by a judge, go back to court, then see if the judge grants bailiff action. However, bailiff action is usually the absolute last method of collection. They normally go for an Attachment of earnings first if you fail to meet the agreed repayments set out in the claim.

So as you see, for bailiffs to be involved is a long way off, and with RLP, it is very very very very unlikely to happen, unless they gain a judgement by default and then lie to a court.

Well good news and bad.

The letter from RLP said i had 2 weeks/14 days, and then today my brother answered the phone to them and basically

accepted on my behalf a 60% reduction in the amount owed due to my negotiations with the shop in question.

I'm sure he meant well in his heart (he has autism) however, this has sort of left me in the position of "accepting a deal" with them (he's also technically my guardian, i'm just shy of 18)

I have to send them proof of my income, which is nonexistant/JSA and then they'll "play ball" because the branch say to.

When i do hear from them i'm going to request in writing that this is the FINAL time i will hear from them regarding any amounts owed/make sure they can't ask for more down the line

Technically they can't anyway because upon accepting an offer they accept it in good faith being relevant to my income, so, i guess it's just for an added security.

Only because the branch and HQ is monitoring the situation do i feel better, i have little doubt in my mind that if they weren't RLP would be a lot more difficult.

tl;dr, i now HAVE to pay 60% less upon proof of income due to brother/guardian accepting a deal on my behalf, but i succede it could have been worse.

I'm taking the advice on board. I really am. As my brother is my guardian he's accepted a deal for me, even though i advised him not to y'see?

I wonder if i was to call/write to them and explain that i myself don't accept the offer and deny liability, dya think that would still work?

"deals" over the phone are of no value, especially from a third party and even more so with a clown outfit like RLP.

Don't write, don't phone....just carry on as advised by the guys above.

People who pay RLP are merely helping to fund their operation to inflict misery on others.

Be one of the strong ones who makes a small contribution towards putting them out of business.

If there was nothing in writing and it was done over the phone, it would be hard to prove anything. As already advised, just ignore them.

Thanks for all your help. They received my declination of liability AFAIK, now i play the waiting game :)

And yes, there was NOTHING in writing, nothing signed etc, and if they do get a bit more aggressive, I'll remind them of the DPA :)