Lending Stream no longer on credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I have been trying for ages not to get LS to agree with what I see I owe them, they claim £93 I say £34 (late fees + default fee). I have tried to get them to agree to removing all negative information if I pay up, long shot but thought I'd give it a go, they just reply with 'agreement number xxxx in termination status'.

My online account states:

You did not make the payments on loan id xxxxxxx before the extended due date of 08-09-2012. If you have any queries, please get in touch with the customer care team by emailing us at [email protected]

My credit report has just been updated with:

Status history - D SF

Balance history - 0

Date of default - 26/11/2012

So my account has now been settled, is this account likely to be going to DCA now?

99.9% yes. From the info you have given, its been sold on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just remember that they should give you a notice of assignment. Plus when the DCA contacts you, you can tell them that they have bought a debt that was in deep dispute.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well they haven't updated since 24/12/2012 and the default date is 26/11/2012. I have had nothing to say it has been passed on to a DCA and all the emails I get are about paying it off and them updating my report.

Should I do nothing till I hear from a DCA? Can I get them to remove the default if I pay up?

If you offer a settlement figure, you could negotiate with them to remove any adverse data on your credit file as part of the settlement. However, they are fully entitled to mark the file as you did default. They should have also sent you a default notice beforehand, but a lot of lenders dont, and the OFT doesnt seem to want to force them.