style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum but have had the "pleasure" in dealing with rossendales in the past and it was a very unplesant experiance. I followed advice given by the CAB and national debt helpline but rossendales bailiffs do what they want anyway!! Yes you can complain to cornwall council but the bailiff will lie and they take his/her word over yours. This may be because it was just one person making the complaint!! I feel one way forward is for people to join forces and maybe the council will listen and not employ these bully boys! If anyone is interested please feel free to contact me.

Edited by disgusted2012
spelling mistake

Thanks, this happened in 2010 and had paid approx half of the council tax bill for that year so the actual amount was £500 but with all the "charges" ended up being £930! which I ended up paying to the ""man from rossendales". How the charges were made up, I still have no idea as despite several emails and letters rossendales have never responded, probably as they were paid. In hindsight I probably should have just paid the set amount for the charges as I was advised by the national debt helpline (who were very helpful and I would recommend someone in the same position should speak to).

I decided at the time (probably the wrong choice) to borrow the money and pay the full amount as my partner and children were at home and were intimidated by this so called man and his sidekick. On this particular visit they had tried to push their way into the house but were stopped by the 2 older children.

My partner went outside to speak to the 2 gentlemen while she was on the phone to national debt helpline. She did manage to get one of them to speak to the advisor but it did no good and after he handed the phone back said "he doesn't know what he is talking about and is telling you crap" My partner was quite frightened by his tone and the way he was speaking ( he was good though!! as ne never made direct threats only implied them!!!).

I should point out that the council tax was only in my partners name at that time ( it's since being changed to both names from 2011). My vehicle was parked outside the house at this time and my partner had told them it was in my name and owned by me but she could not find the v55/log book so they proceeded to clamp it. My partner asked me if I could come home which I did and I showed them the invoice (which I have never being given back despite several requests) from the garage for the purchase of said vehicle. The reason I was given for this was that I worked for the garage. I can sort of understand their point of view but don't agree with it.

Only one of them showed me any id and that was only after asking 5 times the other larger man just stood there trying to act like a hard man (he failed!) but I can totally understand why a woman would be frightened. The bailiff decided that he had to make another call to see another person and he would be back in an hour as he could not wait for the council to call back, he left with the car still clamped. I reached an agreement with the council to pay the full amount to the bailiff including the rip off fees,( which I knew I would have to try and claim back after this) and they agreed to phone the bailiff and instruct him to return and unclamp the vehicle. The council called me back after speaking to the bailiff to tell me he would be there in an hour to unclamp the vehicle.

I then called him so I could pay by card (so I had a record of the payment) and to confirm he would be back . He did not turn up so after 2 hours I called him and he told me he was not coming back until the following day at 9.00 and there was nothing I could do about it. I had a feeling he would come earlier than 9.00 and as I could not sleep I was up waiting for him at 6.00 in the morning and guess what the wimp had already being round and unclamped the vehicle. Guess he didn't want to see me! and in case you are wondering the vehicle was still clamped when I went to bed at midnight.

I have since complained to the council and rossendales about this bailiff but to no avail. Rossendales haven't even had the courtesy to reply to emails or letters. The council while a little helpful at first, just brushed the complaint under the carpet, well they don't have to answer to anyone do they?? The bailiff,,, well he just lies!!! I have given up on getting the rip off fees back from rosendales but I would like to see the council alter the way they get their money and the type of bully they employ. I believe the only way to do this is my complaining en mass and face to face with the chief exec. Sorry this is so long

Edited by disgusted2012

If you want people to read, can you please edit your post, to include paragraphs. Trying to read text all jumbled together on screen is very hard on the eyes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Even though it is now in the past you can still claim back any unlawful or overcharged fees. The good bit to this is you get 2 bites of the cherry as the Council are also responsible for the actions and charges of their contractor. You need a few bits of information to move this along.

1 - You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

As it was little while ago you may need to submit this request in writing but see what they say on the phone first.

2 - Send off for a breakdown of the fees you were charged. Here's an example of what to send and send initially by email followed by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

When you have some answers come back and we'll try and help you see if what you have is correct.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]