Where to start with PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Up until 3 years ago I was totally uncaring about my money. Just buy what we wanted, when we wanted. If the balance at the bank was greater than the overdraft then play on.

I've been fortunate to have reasonably paid jobs and left everything financial to the wife. Big mistake. I found out we'd been playing a lot of borrowing to pay off loans and finally escalating it to the point of the cash point refusing any money. No cash, no credit - Oops.

A lot of reading on here helped me sort that lot out and now we're back in the black, and have learned how to stay that way.

So we've had a few loans, lots of credit cards, but I have no real details on who from, when, how much etc. Pretty sure there will be PPI in there. So how do I go about finding out?

I can't just fire off SAR's at £10 a time hoping someone will reply with something positive. So how can I discover who we borrowed from?

Credit file may give some clues.

Old boxes of papers in the loft or basement?

So I should go sign up with Equifax/Experian or the like then? Will I get that detail from the first free 30 day type of sign up?

No papers any where - she destroyed all the evidence :lol: I think once we cleared a debt she didn't keep anything unless it was the current loan used to pay the previous one.

SAR is probably best way forward - only one needed per company rather than loan/credit. Yuo ahould get all info which if PPI was on, will allow you to work out the value of the claim.

Ah but he doesn't know who he's had stuff from

So we've had a few loans, lots of credit cards, but I have no real details on who from, when, how much etc.

Noodle has been useful. But I'm guessing I have older loans or the wife has as not everything is on there. Certainly the last 5 years or so is, but we consolidated and moved between cards regularly to get that far. I'll have to put her onto noodle to and see if there were things in her name only.