Midas

abbie6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have had some debt when I was with my ex , which has not had any payments made to the accounts and have not had any correspondence with any companies since that time. However I have started having mail from different debt collection companies and now I am also having letters for my ex's debt, although he hasn't lived at this address for over 5 years.

Over the last week I have been getting telephone calls to my mobile from a company called Midas just asking for me by my first name. I have not confirmed who I am and when I have asked who and what were Midas, I have been told it is against data protection to give any details. Now this morning I had another call from them asking for me by my new married name. When I asked who was calling they replied Midas, when I asked what was the call concerning they said they were a compensation company and could I confirm that I was indeed the person who they asked for. I told them that I was sorry but this is the wrong number.

Am I to believe that Midas is actually a debt collection company and are after me to make compensation to them not the other way around. Also surely this debt is now worthless as it has been over 7 years since I last paid anything into it and also there have been no county court judgements against me .

My credit rating is now in fact very good and I would like to keep it that way. I only ever got into debt because of the actions of my ex.

Many thanks in advance ..

If the debt is over 6 years old and has not been acknowledged in that time then it is statute barred and can not be collected.

From the links provided above it looks like Midas are connected to Morecroft DCA.

Have a look in the debt forums on here and you'll find lots of other threads regarding Midas.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?167-Debt-Collection-Industry

My phone today has been red hot with calls from these people.

Seriously? Harassment, tut tut another criminal offence!

Answer, Laugh, then hang up.

Repeat.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!