ROCKWELL and CITI FINANCIAL

Leaky30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, j

ust wondered if someone can give me a bit of advice.

My hubby and I took out a loan with Citi Financial in 2003,

we made regular payments until our finances hit trouble when I became unemployed.

We set up a payment plan but we did default on the plan a few times due to lack of money some months.

The last payment of £30 was made on July 11th 2007 soRockwell have informed me and

they are now pestering me daily for a settlement or a repayment plan.

The debt stands at £5k + and they have offered to reduce the debt to £300.00 as long as I pay it in a lump sum.

What I can't understand is that I have not moved house or changed my telephone number so I can't understand why Citi haven't been in touch with me.

I know our local branched closed down and it took me a while to track down the right person to talk to at another branch out of town.

Nobody ever got back to me so I gave up trying to talk to them.

How do I deal with this debt, I was told it might be statued barred but I'm not sure.

help would be great guys, thanks a lot Debbie.

Edited by 42man

They are chasing because the debt will be statute barred July next year or already is if you live in Scotland.

Check credit reference files if you have not done so, it'll show up the deafult date

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They are chasing because the debt will be statute barred July next year or already is if you live in Scotland.

Check credit reference files if you have not done so, it'll show up the deafult date

I have never used a credit reference file before, who do you suggest I use please. Thanks for your reply.

Hi Experian (credit expert) and Equifax have 30 day free trials Noddle (Call Credit ) is free but not always upto date.

You need a debit card registered to your address (NO PAYMENT IS TAKEN) for ID.

Cancel by phone AND in writting before (at least a week) the 30 day trial ends.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

rocky only ever chase lemon debts

most citi stuff of that age will certainly have no paperwork

dont pay rockys

they are offering a discount

there is a reason why

bet rockys told you the payment details on the phone too!

never ever discuss your debts on the phone

dca's are not bailiffs

and have no such legal powers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I never discussed any payment plan with Rockwell and I never admitted the debt was ours.

He asked me to confirm my name and D.O.B but I asked him for his details and he wouldn't give me them lol

I did confirm the last 3 numbers of my phone number though.

I only listened to what he had to say and told him I would have to discuss this matter with my hubby much to his dismay .

I think there was PPI on the loan but as I am in arrears with the debt I have'nt chased it, that would be just to cheeky lol

I am going to do a credit search just to see what it says about the debt and when I last payed it.

Do you think it's possible for me to string it out until next July haha

Hiya, j

The debt stands at £5k + and they have offered to reduce the debt to £300.00 as long as I pay it in a lump sum.

LOL - I would question why they are offering a reduction of £4.7k on this before I even replied to their threat-o-grams

you can go get the PPI

if the debt has been sold

the money will be to your pocket too!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for all your help, going to check the credit reference thing later ...... Should be interesting !!!

I think my plan of action is to deny all knowledge of any debt,

get them to send me proof or any paper work they have,

then take my time until July 2013 lol

on a serious note I want to get this sorted as I can't be done with them ringing me at all hours as its driving me bonkers.

If I need any more help or advice can I come back to you guys please, thanks Debbie.

Send the following CURT missile to their Compliance Manager.;

Ref: Us theirs.

Dear sir,

I write in reference to the debt for £ xxxx which you allege is owed by me, I do not acknowledge any debt to Rockwell or any company you may claim to represent.

The number and frequency of tele[hone calls from Rockwell I am receiving has now reached a level that amounts to harassment and must cease immediately, all communication MUST be in writting only, failure to comply with my reasonable request Will result in a complaint to the OFT and I will comment on the fitness of Rockwell to hold a consumer credit licence.

send by recorded delivery.