Barclaycard debt - SD From BW/Lowells - was set a side- now a Carter claimform threat

sickoflowells
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Certainly if it was me in your situation then I would get it set aside, but bearing this in mind you need to consider whether you are going to stand up in court and fight your corner to, in some cases, differing judges....this thread is a good example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372637-Lowell-Hamptons-Statutory-demand-and-threatening-Bankruptcy&highlight=lowell

Spot on advice

Given the difficulties Lowell seems to have in obtaining any supporting documentation from Barclaycard, the odds of BW Legal being to produce, at a set aside hearing, anything which satisfies S78, S65, or s86-88 of the CC Act is slim to say the least. If you have a reasoned, well constructed set aside witness statement and are comfortable summarising your position in front of a judge you stand a very good chance of setting the SD aside, and landing Lowells with costs.

I personally would not trust Lowells statement that they will not act on a SD whilst a s78 request is outstanding. This sounds like a tactic to delay a set aside request until it times out, ie past 18 days.

• Haha 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic