sold a lemon by a dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My name is Philip Yates. I bought a Vauxhall Vectra sri 54 plate back in may 2012 from a dealer called "deez motors".

i bought the car on a finance basis with the car secured on the bill of sale. i used a finance company called stour vale that i found myself, then i put them in touch with deez motors after i found a car there i was interested in.

The car cost 2495 in total and 495 of that was taken off the price as i part exchanged my old car. The first issue i encountered was he advertised the car as MOT'd but upon arrival to collect the car, it wasnt, it still had to be MOT'd, the next issue was the back seats being damp and the floor in the rear footwell were wet, i was told someone left the window open and it would be valeted before collection, the car was not valeted someone had rubbed it with a cloth, it was still wet and now had a strong damp smell. It later turned out the car was taking on water heavily so in wet weather or washing it (he must of known this and knowingly lied about it).

After owning the car for a week, the issues really started,the anti roll bar bushes were no good, suspention spring snapped, wiper motor stopped working, heater blower motor stopped working, the exaust bracket snapped off, the egr valve blew off the carpet continuted to get wet (4 or 5 inches on a good day) the car kept cutting out and still does, the alternator packed up, the clutch has packed up the duel mass flywheel is about to fall off the car, the rear brakes were extremley unsafe and the problems keep rolling in to this day!

Now for the dealer Deez Motors in Birmingham sold me this car with a 3 month warranty, Not only did he basically refuse to give me the number he informed me it wouldnt cover any of the faults on the car :-/, he then begane to get rude and agressive when i gave him his legal options of repair, replace or refund (garage quoted 1500 for the repairs and that was before the clutch went) he was rude thretning and agressive point blank refusing to sort the issues out, the best i got after month of calls was "il pay to get it running and thats all" so after even longer waiting for this cheque to materialise and this "legal team" he claimed he was talking to who apparently said he didnt have to pay me a penny, he then announced he wants a letter in writting from myself stationg upon recipt of a cheque for 280.00 i would not bother him about the car anymore!

It is now november, my tax has run out and he still hasnt sent me the logbook, his father claimed he sent it and that dee was on holiday but due back today, so i called him and hes saying he hasnt seen the logbook and it might have been sent!? and he said i quote "its not my problem"

I need help with this as iv moved to carlisle from birmingham just after buying this car were setting up a life togther looking at getting married and without my car it puts my job at risk as im on call all the time, its cost me a fortune to keep it running ontop of the finance i pay for the car PLEASE HELP! where do i stand what are my right, solicitors just say itl cost about a thousand to take him to court i might not even get that and thats asuming i win, i was bullied into sending a letter saying i wouldnt bother him after he sent a cheque for a small amount

• 2 weeks later...