First Assist

GemGem67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, looking for a bit of advice please. (hope I'm in the correct sub-forum)

My daughter got a lot of missed calls from an 0845 number, she just had a phonecall from a different, landline number, with someone saying they were from First Assist on behalf of *her bank name given*. They were trying to sell sickness/injury insurance. Because they used her middle name which she only ever uses with the bank, she confirmed her name and address, told them who she works for and that she has a child and the childs age. Luckily I came in and found out it was a 'sales' call before she agreed to take out their insurance and give her bank details to them and I got her to hang up. I rang the 0845 number also and got a recorded message stating they were calling on behalf of the bank.

I then rang the bank to find out if First Assist were affiliated with them in any way and they said no and they never pass on any customer info/details.

I googled the number and found lots of people have been getting calls from the same numbers for a couple of years now.

Is there anything she can do, anyone she can report this to, she is now worrying about ID theft even though she didn't give her bank details. Is there anyway we can find out where this company or agent got her details from?

Thanks

Gem

Bet your daughters bank have passed on the details, possible not directly but to another company who have passed them on. The bank staff that take the phone calls won't know what the banks central marketing team does with the details.

Your daughter can write to the compliance manager of First Assist, asking where they obtained her details to make marketing calls. They should really know where they have come from and be willing to confirm this.

If she has not registered with TPS, she should do so. http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatistps.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks UB, I didn't know you could use TPS with a mobile. She's had the same number for 8 years and never had any marketing calls before, she is a panicer and is now panicing, this will help put her mind at rest.

Is the compliance manager obliged to give her the info or is it at their discretion to do so?

Gem

If they have obtained her data and have processed it, then yes she is entitled to know how First Assist obtained it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread