Barclaycard Debt sold to MKRR

bankonthis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have recently recieved a letter from Barclays regarding a visa card debt that i've been struggling to pay the balance off in a payment plan with them on and off for a couple of years now. The letter stated the the debt had been passd on to MKRR.

This was followed today by another letter from MK RR, this is asking for an acknowledgment of the debt and an offer to allow me to pay in installments. I would attach a jpg but having a bit of trouble uploading the main body of the text is :-

dear mr XXXX

Further to our communication regarding transfer of ownership of your balance we have not recieved your offer of payment.

we want to help you and are in a position to offer and installment arrangement to clear the outstanding balance , but we can only do this after speaking to you.

Please call us to discuss ways we can help. Alternatively we will continue to contact you by telephone or letter so we would advise you to contact us to resolve this matter.

the 'Balance' and 'Original Creditor' are writted as such in a box at the bottom of the page

This the first time they have contacted me 'regarding transfer of ownership of' my balance other than the letter from barclays wich merely stated that it had been passed on to this Company.

I would like to know if this debt having been sold on to MK RR is legally enforceable and if there are any loopholes i can jump through to evade them or at least make them work a little harder. so far i haven't acknowledged the debt to them and i would welcome any input as to my next move.

Many thanks in advance!

Personally I would not do anything that acknowledges the debt.

And certainly do not engage on the phone with them at all.

Do you have all of your Barclaycard statements? I bet there are loads of unlawful charges on the account which can be reclaimed together with interest.

If you don't have all of the statements then SAR Barclaycard.

The new owner can enforce the debt through the courts if they have the correct paperwork and follow the correct procedures.

I would also send a CCA request to MK.

Templates for SAR and CCA request are in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

Edited by ims21

watch MKRR

they are a slippery lot

and try all manner of spoofing tactics.

CCA them first

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BoT,

If you don't have all the necessary a/c statements, get them with a SAR.

If you have the statements, read some of the BC **Won with Compound Interest** threads here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

See Shelley's thread which contains all that you need.

Prepare a spreadsheet using 24.9% as the compound rate, see what you should reclaim and send BC your Prelim Claim letter.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi BoT,

If you don't have all the necessary a/c statements, get them with a SAR.

If you have the statements, read some of the BC **Won with Compound Interest** threads here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

See Shelley's thread which contains all that you need.

Prepare a spreadsheet using 24.9% as the compound rate, see what you should reclaim and send BC your Prelim Claim letter.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I'm on my own for the last ten days so working and taking care of the children whilst my partners abroad, and it's been a bit difficult to keep up. On monday I recieved another letter from mk this time it's more threatening.

]Final notice[/b]

as you have not taken up our offer of help as a legal requirement we must now inform you that we are instructing our pre-litigation department to review your account for further action.

they may commence litigation against you which will increase the amount payable due to costs incurred. should the matter proceed they could take a charge against your property (if you are a homeowner) or have monies deducted from your salary (if you are employed)

It is not too late to resolve this matter, please contact us immediately to allow us to help you avoud this.

I'm sending off the SAR and CCA but should i send the CCA to MKRR or to BarclayCard?

If it takes 40 days to get hold of my statements will it be too late presumably i'll have been taken to court by then if they're serious?

thanks again.

have you checked your cra file ?

that'll tell you who owns the debt too

only the owner of a debt can take you to court

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BOT,

CCA goes to MKRR and the SAR goes to BC.

No need to say anything else in reply to MK's latest threatening letter.

I have just been on Experian and it shows the Barclaycard as 'settled' and 'debt assigned to another CIAS member'...presumably this is MKRR but there is no new active account showing on my experian report is this normal?

Hi BOT,

Yes, that address will be fine for the SAR.

See the first line in DX's signature above where it says - Credit Reference Agencies There are links that take you to the relevant CR Agencies.

:-)

I have just been on Experian and it shows the Barclaycard as 'settled' and 'debt assigned to another CIAS member'...presumably this is MKRR but there is no new active account showing on my experian report is this normal?

opps that means it s been sold then

you need to be careful here

they could be serious on the legal threat

there have been several claims issued by this lot of recent.

get that SAR going and the CCA

dx

and they

yep sri

i've got no intention of scaring you.

personally, i have had those letter numerous times from them

with nothing ever happening.

but , once a DCA has brought a debt, all gloves are off

but

its prob to your advantage

BC dont normally supply/hold enforceable agreements esp if older than mid 2007.

what is the balance and are you aware from past statements PENALTY charges have been levied?

dx

and they