DMP and PPI

M'n'M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi we (My wife and I) need some advice.

We are in a joint DMP with payplan and it is going well as far as making regular payments, payment history and generally hassles from all creditors.

Some debts go as far back as 2007 (point of initial Default).

We are being plagued with PPI claim outfits (because of our credit history and status being sold we presume).

Some of our debts had PPI which to us implies the outstanding amount could be unrealistic.

We also have records (limited not full) of PPI's in force dated 2005 is it possible to make a claim for these.

We realise that any success at claiming will come off our debt where creditors are concerned.

We have the option of using "Stake your Claim" part of PayPlan to assess the claims even the non creditor ones.

What we were wondering is if we do this and claim via stake your claim which seems the logical step would they be able to retain any Monies from non creditors to put towards out DMP without our consent.

Any help would be appreciated

M'n'M

Two account claims.

US

Them

2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s sent 14/08/06 (recieved 15/08/06).

2 Microfiche (foboff) letters and 2 sets of statements (14 months worth) recieved 24/08/06.

2 Microfiche counter letters sent 29/08/06 (recieved 30/08/06).

Do it yourself! Have a look at the PPI forum! Any money back can only be used to offset against notifed arrears only! So a PPI claim from HSBC cannot be used against a Lloyds TSB account.

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!

Thanks for the reply, it seems like a mindfield just like bank charges (our cases for that were unsuccesful).

We have a limited number of Credit card statments which show PPI, alas we don't have enough to make an informed amount to claim, a SAR will only go back 6 years I believe 3 accounts were cleared in august 2005, which is really annoying.

Some of the claim companies are advertising going back 10 in a claim.

We are really at a loss of what to do.

Thanks for the advice

Two account claims.

US

Them

2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s sent 14/08/06 (recieved 15/08/06).

2 Microfiche (foboff) letters and 2 sets of statements (14 months worth) recieved 24/08/06.

2 Microfiche counter letters sent 29/08/06 (recieved 30/08/06).

We have a limited number of Credit card statments which show PPI, alas we don't have enough to make an informed amount to claim, ........

seems that you may well do. creds are obliged to investigate the ppi when a ppi complaint is submitted. see then what they come back with

Edited by Ford