style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter on friday hand delivered stating removal notice. I had not had any previous letter - including their 14 day advance warning that a bailiff will call, from equita and all of a sudden this appears! I understand that a 14 day letter is required by law. also i have been making payments to the council direct for my council tax. what is the best thing to do?

What council is this, as it may be one where there is a Crapquita stitch up, as Capita supply revenue back office functions to some councils and they also own Equita bailiffs,

Ask the council

How many Liability Orders they hold for you

How much on each

When were they obtained

When were they passed to Equita for enforcement.

You say you have been paying the council direct, is this for this year? have you missed any payments?

Yiou will have to ensure no car or property is outside that the bailiff can levy. If you deny him a levy he is relatively powerless, and I feel; they will call anyway to get fees onto the account whatever you arrange with the council. You do not have to let a bailiff in, in fact it would be a very bad idea to do so. there is no law that compels you to deal with them. But you will likely have to find a extra £42.50 in visit fees at the most so long as they don't get a levy.

If you ask the council why they have brought in Equita, they may tell you of unknown arrwears or something that can be used to tackle the situation.

Above all you have come to the right place, and Caggers will help you sort it

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi,

Thank you for your response. It is Capita unfortunately. I have contacted the council this morning, the council tax is overdue - it is last years however the payments are being made both for that and this year. i only have a very small amount left and was hoping to pay off in full at the end of october. Now that this has happened I am worried the bailiff will call back today. It is a flat and all windows are closed - 2nd floor anyway!! I am not against payment I just need more time.

Keep your cars away from where you live, and keep windows and doors locked. If they cant get in, then they cant perform a levy, so they can only charge you a visit fee. If they still cant perform any kind of levy, then they would just pss the LO to the council, who would go back to court where you would have to explain yourself.

As mentioned above, Capita are doing this a lot lately, mainly because it's very easy money for them.

You are also correct that the bailiff must give 14 days notice before attendance.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It would appear that the bailiff is after some fees before last years arrears are settled, As has been stated deny him a levy and they can only get 2 visit fees, £42.50, and no more. If it is a second floor flat, and they cannot get to YOUR particular flat's front door , then they may not even be able to claim the visit fees either.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi,

Thank you for your response. It is Capita unfortunately. I have contacted the council this morning, the council tax is overdue - it is last years however the payments are being made both for that and this year. i only have a very small amount left and was hoping to pay off in full at the end of october. Now that this has happened I am worried the bailiff will call back today. It is a flat and all windows are closed - 2nd floor anyway!! I am not against payment I just need more time.

Just carry on paying the Council as you are doing...this muppet is looking for you to boost his Xmas savings club with fees that might not be due to him.

I would be asking for a breakdown of his fees and confirmation to the actual amount you have outstanding to the LO.???

WD

Just carry on paying the Council as you are doing...this muppet is looking for you to boost his Xmas savings club with fees that might not be due to him.

I would be asking for a breakdown of his fees and confirmation to the actual amount you have outstanding to the LO.???

WD

Absolutely