Redeployment under DDA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently been redeployed under the DDA in the Fire Service with my same uniformed T&C's as before. I have been redeployed to a post that pays a higher salary, but have been told that I will not be entitled. In the Fire Service you have uniformed posts and non-uniformed posts, both having different T&C's. I have transferred into a department that have uniformed AND non-uniformed posts and because HR state that they are now regrading the posts to become non-uniform jobs for future vacancies, I cannot be transferred to the higher salary that existing members of the team are entitled to as they were in the team before the re-grading.

Is this a discriminatory or a like it or lump it situation?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

well there is no DDA anymore, its the Equality Act 2010. Would you say that you're re-deployment to the new role was fair? When reacting to a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act, the company has to take into account that you ca perform the duties requested. The contract of employment ist really part of the Equality Act.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Ahhh, slip of the tongue Ibruk! The redeployment process was fair and reasonable adjustments were made but due to my disability, they couldn't rectify the problems for me carry out my role. So, the pay aspect has no bearing then? I'm sure I read somewhere that if your redeployed under the EA 2010 to a post with higher pay, redeployees are entitled. The waters are muddied somewhat because we have two grades carrying out the same role each on different T&C's. I am on the same T&C's as existing members of staff that are on the higher salary. I am just interested to know in equality terms, if I have been redeployed under the EA 2010 should I be entitled to the same salary as my colleagues on the same T&C's?

Thank you for your time.