• Tweets

• Interesting question regarding what Government accounts opposition parties have access to, before an General Election. From what I understand, Government department accounts that are published are always lagging behind and would not include some amounts which are classified as 'commercially sensitive'.  Therefore opposition parties and Parliamentrary select committees would not have access to accounts which contain real time up to date information. If a new Government have found £20 billion of spending liabilities they did not know about, this could be true, as £20 billion is not that much when you look at total Government expenditure. Government department are making decisions on spending all of the time and it could be the previous Government were planning tax changes and/or spending cuts to balance the books.  Jeremy Hunt has recently said that if the Tories had stayed in Government and held an Autumn budget, it would have been very difficult to cut taxes as some had wanted.
    • Everyone knows the tories were hiding the costs - and even added 4 billion quid to the taxpayers high interest credit card to fund a chunk of the NI tax reduction - prime example - look at how much cost was hidden re the Rwanda dogwhistle -10 Billion quid     and re the handful of rebels on the benefit limit If the disasters (like the Rwanda rubbish) of Tory dogs being wagged by the extremist minority ERG tail doesn't highlight the issues .. Enlighten yourself here .. (fat chance) Sir Keir Starmer is right to show Labour rebels the door WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Editorial: Suspending seven MPs following their rebellion over the two-child benefit cap is more than a prime minister flexing his political muscle. It is a...  
    • Trump instigated that didnt he @theoldrouge despite losing the election - and Biden mitigated as much as he could within his boundaries?   "President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss"   “The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”   Trump ordered rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan after election loss WWW.MILITARYTIMES.COM The memo was among the latest revelations from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol building.   Although i agree that Biden should have done more to mitigate Trump driven disasters
    • ok your WS is wrong. Paragraph 16 and 17 says  you did not contract with evri but this is not true - see below  Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency post 251 of occy thread - £844 lost    you should also add a paragraph on donough v Stevenson talking about the fact that even without contract there is still duty of care to goods and by failing to deliver this duty has been breached.   Make those changes and post it back up here and I'll check over things again
    • no we cant add the occy thing because leicster are being difficult people so we're just going to go without it for now
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

childcare overpayment

joebloggs72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i have a very stressing problem my son and daughter both attended private nursey while myself and my wife worked as such we claimed childcare which we was entitled too .

now back in april 2011 we had a random request from the tax credit office asking for proof we had children in nursery this we did by having the nursery which is council run provide a letter stating childcare costs by this time my daughter was no longer attending there as she started school..and my son we was removing in the july ..so when our tax credits dropped we never gave it a second thought ..

now we renewed our tax credits in july 2011 and nothing changed so we assumed all was well now we jump to this year and renewed them again in july 2012 all of a sudden they say they over paid us by £10,000 for childcare as we didnt provide proof we was entitled to it back in april 2011.. but we had so we resent them the letter as we kept a copy we today we recieved a letter saying they wasnt going to change there decision as they fulfilled all there responsibilties..which they havent as they lost the original letter and never requested anything again..i need to know what to do as my kids was in childcare for which the money they paid us was used to pay for childcare

Are they denying you sent the recent letter? But are saying too late in theory? Did you send any of the letters by tracked post?

If they dig their heels in you could ask for a SAR, quite often they do receive these letters & don't update your details. Have had it happen to me, but not with childcare. In my experience they are the worst place for it!

Phone up and say you want to challenge the overpayment decision - they'll send you a form which you fill in with the relevant info of when you sent the letter, and if they didn't receive proof it was their responsibility to chase it up at the time - not yours to check they received the letter.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

when it was renewal time this year in july we filled it in it was just after that we had a letter saying there had been a over payment of £10,000 plus this we said wasnt right and sent in the appeal form together with a copy of the original sent the year b4 as its that they said they never recieved the result of the appeal letter going in is according to them they did all they was responsable for and the debt stands.. but both my children were in child care for the period they say there is a debt so therefore we was entitled to the money and we sent in a letter from the childcare provider stating what they weekly fees was

we did challenge the decision when we renewed this year in july we had the letter come through saying there had been a over payment of £10,000 we downloaded the appeal forms and sent it off with a copy of the original letter stating what the childcare fees where..as both children where in chidcare at the time so we was entitled to help towards that its to this there saying they did there responabilties and the debt stands,,but how could they children in nursey they request proof of this we send in proof we hear nothing from them again for 14 plus months

Hi hades8840,

I have merged both your threads on this subject, make it easier for people to help you out, I've unapproved your duplicate post.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You need to take the matter further, phone up and request that the appeal be sent to the Tribunal service, where the appeal can be heard independently. They may send you a different form to complete.

hi all well my wife called them to see why they turned down our appeal and what they said was as follows

when we moved home in april 2011 and they sent out the request for proof of childcare the first letter bounced and was returned to the tax office so they stopped our claim now we was between two homes at the time and had paid royal mail to forward our post which they did on some but not all so we didnt get the first letter it was when we phoned them to find out why the payments had stopped we found that out (now we are sure we did tell them we had moved as we had a list of all to call but we may not off at the time depending how close to us moving the letter arrived..) either way we wasnt expecting mail from them until june and tax renewal for it to be a major prioty specially seeing we had mail forwarding ..

anyway that is one reason there citing as we didnt inform them within 30 days we had moved but again we believe we did but cant prove that.. the information we sent them at their request to prove we was entitled to childcare they say they didnt get but we know it was sent and we didnt chase it up becauuse the letter they sent to us clearly states if they do not recieve the information by the date of 31st july when we renewed our tax credits our payments would stop now they never stopped so that implies they got the information or they would of stopped paying us..

now the lady my wife spoke with said they cant reverse the decision as its been made but to send in a detailed letter pointing all this out but this is david and golaith and i know how the tax office can be so does my wife there forever saying they dont recieve stuff ..we need advice on this as they want us to pay back 10k of money we seriously dont have

Request for the appeal to be forwarded to the Tribunal service to be heard. Also there should be a date on the letter sent detailing childcare - so that should indicate when you replied.

problem is they never responded when we originally sent in the letter so there is no return letter to have a date on

Request for the appeal to be forwarded to the Tribunal service to be heard. Also there should be a date on the letter sent detailing childcare - so that should indicate when you replied.

problem is they never responded when we originally sent in the letter so there is no return letter to have a date on

You stated the nursery provided a letter for you, this should have a date on it.

You stated the nursery provided a letter for you, this should have a date on it.

here is the letter in full its easier then me trying to explain..

dear mrs x

i wrote to you on the 9th april 2011 to tell you i was reviewing your claim for the year 2010-2011 in order to do this i asked you to provide the following information.

any official contract with your childcare provider.

any invoices or reciiepts showing actual childcare payments you made..

to date i have not recieved this information.if i do not recieve this information by 9th may 2011. i will use the information we have to amend your award ..if your having difficulity obtaining the information please ring on xxxxxxxx

to complete my checks i will also need to deal with the finalisation of your tax credits award.

if we do not recieve your declaration by 31st july your tax credit payments will stop and you may be asked to repay any payments made to you since 6 april 2011

now on the 5th of may a payment was due and we didnt get it so my wife called them thats when we found out about the returned letter and the address being wrong they resent the letter which is the one above with the old address still on it as we requested the letter be resent.. so at that point they knew we couldnt get the information by the 9th may so the letter we sent them from the nursery was got and dated 17th june ..now tthe payments resumed the following week in may as my wife spoke with the complience dept and they re-activated the claim ...they knew we didnt get proper invoices and that a letter would be fine as per the letter our payments continued and were never stopped and no further letters as far as we are aware where sent out until renewal in may of 2011 theses where completed sent back and then we heard nothing from tax office until we renewed in july 2012