Statutory Demand before Bankrupcy

MancMonkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Need some urgent help please, a solicitor has contacted my mum in respect of a debt that has been under dispute for a number of years. Connaught have now purchased the debt and they are acting on behalf of Connaught Collections.

What does she do???

Connaught is 1st Credits Collection arm.

Has statutory demand actually been issued?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would say atleast 3 years since a payment was made so not statue barred.

The title says 'Statutory Demand under section 268(1)a of the Insolvency Act 1986. Debt for Liquidated Sum Payable Immediately, for just under £7000

Well until they provide a CCA the dispute remains but they could provide a reconstructed copy which would be sufficient in a court case if the a/c was opened after 2007.

At the moment she can apply to a court to have the SD set-aside on the grounds that the a/c is in dispute & they haven't provided a CCA reconstructed or otherwise.

She has had the account for over 10 years so we know there is definitely no Credit Agreement. So what does she need to do then letter wise? As there is no court address just an Insolvency Manager requesting payment within that Demand. thanks again

On the basis that they might not be able to provide the CCA, the OP needs to get reading about how to set aside the SD. Out of curiosity, I have just read some information online, which seems to suggest that judges will mostly allow set asides, if there are reasons why the matter should be fully considered in the courts, with the claimant using the normal county court claim process. So hopefully there will some threads in the CAG legal issues folder, where the set aside has been requested due to a dispute about the CCA not being provided.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well I would have thought that if they were in breach of s.77/78 & they cannot take enforcement until such time that a CCA is produced then the fact that they are threatening a SD is a breach of the OFT guidelines and if they apply for a SD an attempt to enforce is being made when they haven't the legal right to do so.

Well I would have thought that if they were in breach of s.77/78 & they cannot take enforcement until such time that a CCA is produced then the fact that they are threatening a SD is a breach of the OFT guidelines and if they apply for a SD an attempt to enforce is being made when they haven't the legal right to do so.

This is one of the internet sites I was reading. Worth making note of the cases quoted.

http://www.gibsons-law.com/index.php/latest-legal-news/31-statutory-demands

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If it has been in dispute and you have some documentation then you should write something along the lines of what I have written here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?367061-statutory-demand-under-section-268-1st-credit-finance&highlight=statutory

If you sent off a CCA request a number of years ago, then it is clearly a relevant dispute......