style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm sorry to just jump straight in with a problem but here goes.

I came home from work on Tuesday with what I've now found out is the basic bailiffs letter they hand out.Saying they want full payment or they are going to come to my home and remove my possession's.After reading all over the internet my windows and doors are locked at all times.

I spoke to the council and asked them to take the debt back and all they could offer me was put my this years account on hold to December so i could pay the bailiff.

And i rang the national debt line,who told me to pay the council and not the bailiff,i didn't have the money so went and bit the bullet and got my parents to pay the £325.00 on the online council payment system. I rang the council who told me that the money would go on to this years bill and id still owe the bailiffs. So now i don't know what to do as now i owe my parents and the bailiffs.And as far as my parents are concerned its all sorted!

Thank you

x

It sounds to me as if your Council have aoutsourced to Capita who also just happen to own Equita. What reference did you use to pay it? I would also suggest contacting your local Councillor(s) and asking them to see if it can be adjusted to your old account.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a problem with my council too, I only have one council reference number for all outstanding .If tyour council had put this years account on hold until December, the amount should surely have gone off your previous amount. Instead of speaking to the person in the council call centre, who by nature are unhelpful and uninformed in my experience, try their complaints dept as this worked for my daughter and son-in law.

Gem

Have a look at your CT bills & you should have:

1 - property reference - never changes

2 - account number - never changes

3 - reference number - should change from year to year to allow how monies are allocated to different years.

Have a look at previous years & compare them with what you have now. I appreciate not all follow this pattern but the majority do.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have a look at your CT bills & you should have:

1 - property reference - never changes

2 - account number - never changes

3 - reference number - should change from year to year to allow how monies are allocated to different years.

Have a look at previous years & compare them with what you have now. I appreciate not all follow this pattern but the majority do.

you can contact them and tell them you want it putting against the old one, do it via email its also worth leaving it a day or so then calling them to find out what is owed on both.

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.