Photo Driving Licence Renewal

Chelsea Blue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently me and my wife renewed our Photo Licences via the post office service, as our 10 years were up. The wife's new licence was received within 10 days but not mine. I have received a letter from the DVLA stating that the photo licence and paper licence were from two different issues ie. 77A and 77B. I remembered about eight years ago I misplaced my licences, left in an old locker at work, and ended up having to get them replaced. A few years later the old licences were handed back to me and I ended up with two sets. Since then I've hired many cars here and abroad and somehow must have got the two sets mixed up. I have yet again misplaced one set, for the life of me I don't know what I have done with them, and sent a mixed set to the DVLA.

My question is, will they try and fine me for not returning/destroying my first set when I found them or do you think it's just proceedure?.

I have to let them know with an explanation. Should I just tell them that when I found them I must have destroyed the wrong set by accident?

By the way, there are and have never been any conviction points added at any time.

Am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks for reading

Chelsea Blue

I think they will accept the explanation, there has been no attempt to use the duplicates to avoid points or disqualifications.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think they will accept the explanation, there has been no attempt to use the duplicates to avoid points or disqualifications.

They may accept your explanation but I rekon they will make you get a replacement for the lost one (money for them) and then allow you to surrender it for an updated photo licence.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

They may accept your explanation but I rekon they will make you get a replacement for the lost one (money for them) and then allow you to surrender it for an updated photo licence.

I don't think there will be any additional charge for the lost licence. There is a cost to update the photo and a cost to repalce a lost licence, but the cost is the same and if more than one change is required there is still only the one charge applied

• 2 weeks later...