tax credit help please

nortel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Last November I was made redundant from my job (which was quite well paid) and whilst working there I received ctc but not wtc. i also got dla for my daughter. Luckily I managed to find another job 2 days after being made redundant.

A week after starting my new job I phoned the tax credit helpline to notify them as my wages were now half what they were. Sure enough my ctc increased and was entitled to wtc.

When my annual renewal form came i stupidly put my new wage down, and tbe payments continued

This week i recieved a letter saying tbere was an income descepency and they had the correct figures for 2011/12

I phoned them to admit my mistake knowing there would be an overpayment to pay back

Upon speaking to them they said my award for last year would be adjusted and this Yeats would be based on it, but would not take into account my new halved salary this year.

This obviously is a major blow to us financially. As the tax credits would reduce by 80%

is this correct? Should I be ringing them again to give an income prediction for this year?

Edited by nortel

Tax credits are quick to get arrears when it's owed to them !! Due to an error I hadn't received tax credits for my son from 2010 til June when the error was discovered ... 3 months is all they will back date & will take 15 wks to make a decision on my request to be back dated .. I really hope you get sorted soon :-/