Alleged speeding offence but didnt own the vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have received a letter today from the Metropolitan police saying 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' on a car that I sold prior to the offence date.

I have sent the log book off but have not received confirmation from the DVLA. However, I also have a basic receipt of sale showing that I sold the vehicle signed by both parties (myself and the seller). I have enclosed a copy of this for the police along with a covering letter and their form that they requested I completed.

Are there any other tips, points or things i need to know to cover my butt with?

James

How long ago did you sell the car? If it is more than 4 weeks it might be wise to challenge the DVLA on why you haven't received a confirmation yet otherwise they will be pursuing a "failure to notify" fine as well.

I presume you meant to say "signed by you and the BUYER" in your post. If so, then I don't think you can do anything more at the moment re: the police and just wait to see if they accept your info or challenge you further on it.

You can only give them information that is in your power to give that may assist them in identifying the driver. The person you sold to, the date and a copy of the signed doc you have.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

How long ago did you sell the car? If it is more than 4 weeks it might be wise to challenge the DVLA on why you haven't received a confirmation yet otherwise they will be pursuing a "failure to notify" fine as well.

I presume you meant to say "signed by you and the BUYER" in your post. If so, then I don't think you can do anything more at the moment re: the police and just wait to see if they accept your info or challenge you further on it.

Very good point on the failure to notify. I will call the DVLA today and chase my confirmation letter.It was the 21st August that I sold the car. And yes I did mean signed my 'myself and the buyer' sorry.

So can i do nothing more than just sit and wait now. I'm panicking as this happened to me years ago with parking 3 parking fines that I got given on a car that sold and I had to battle for years to get rid of them.

You can only give them information that is in your power to give that may assist them in identifying the driver. The person you sold to, the date and a copy of the signed doc you have.

This I have done and am hoping and praying its enough.

It is always wise to make a copy of buyers details before you post the certificate off.

That way you have a set of details to enter in to any paper work that arrives.

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

It is always wise to make a copy of buyers details before you post the certificate off.

That way you have a set of details to enter in to any paper work that arrives.

I still have the buyers details which I have forwarded on but just panicking now.