MOT Test Fail

masoudava
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi every one

This morning i took my BMW 318 i for MOT and it was failed, both side shock absorbers are leaking oil and they must be changed.

Front and rear plus some other issues. Luckily i had the last years MOT Cert, and the notes that failed it last year by Halfords garage in Harrow. The same parts with the same problem!

I remembered last year before i go to Germany with my family I took the car to Halfords for MOT and they failed it and the guy told me it will cost me £700 in total and he will do it late afternoon, I had no choice to go ahead with it and same evening paid the £700 cash and got the MOT Certificate and we went to Germany next day...

And today the new Garage telling me none of the items in last year’s MOT been changed nor repaired and now the car has more problems and it’s been risky and unsafe to drive it in motorway.

He told me Halfords should not Passed the MOT and not giving me any invoice for the job proofs noting been done. ((The car is 10 year old and all the faulty parts are original BMW))

Please advise what to do and how to approach Halfords.

Thanks

Masoud

Yes indeedie, looks that way. Does the MOT have Halford`s name on, and the name of the tester? All you can do I think is to contact their head office in the first instance with the name of the tester and the date, I bet you`re not the first to be fleeced by him. They may be interested in sorting it out. See what they say.

Yes indeedie,

Thanks for your advise

Yes the Halfords Stamp and the name is there,I fact I did go to them this morning and the new manager was quait helpfull and seid will talk to the head office and investigat it,oh the guy and the previous manager are gone but they are unther investigation.

Thanks

Suprise, suprise! I take it "under investigation" means they were both on the fiddle together. Looks like some progress anyway, especialy if it turns out they were sacked. (i.e. with some evidence they were on the fiddle) Hope the HO sorts it out. Issuing fraudulent MOT`s is a serious matter, and could loose them the right to issue them, so hopefully they`ll cough up and sort you out to avoid any agro with VOSA - the agency responsible for MOT tests.

If nothing is forthcoming I`d report the matter to VOSA direct.

Edited by CHRIS44G