My LHD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going through the process of purchasing a vehicle from an internet company based in Nottingham. I have paid my deposit but since then I am getting no replies to e-mails and phone calls are going unanswered. I was not sure of dealing with an online company and wonder if anyone has had similar experiences.This is turning out to be extremely stressfull.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going through the process of purchasing a vehicle from an internet company based in Nottingham. I have paid my deposit but since then I am getting no replies to e-mails and phone calls are going unanswered. I was not sure of dealing with an online company and wonder if anyone has had similar experiences.This is turning out to be extremely stressfull.

How did you pay?

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Posting the details of the dealer may get you more info. Or be a warning to others.

Thanks for the info. I submitted details on another forum but the dealer had it removed. The company seem to work out of an apartment at The Arena, Nottingham and trade as My Left Hand Drive. This has been the most frustrating transaction in my life, hopefully just a communication breakdown.

• 3 months later...

A bit of an update. I eventually received the car, unfortunately 10,000kms more than stated, no electric seats, no front light washers, faulty bluetooth and not road legal as no registration documents. I asked for compensation which was originally agreed, then after the dealer foud out I was on this forum looking for advice he is threatening to sue me and get the post removed!!!

A bit of an update. I eventually received the car, unfortunately 10,000kms more than stated, no electric seats, no front light washers, faulty bluetooth and not road legal as no registration documents. I asked for compensation which was originally agreed, then after the dealer foud out I was on this forum looking for advice he is threatening to sue me and get the post removed!!!

This link will help you. http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/cars_buying_a_car_e/cars_buying_a_secondhand_car_e/cars_what_to_watch_out_for_when_buying_a_second_hand_car_e/buying_a_car_on_the_internet_what_you_need_to_know.htm

I'm assuming that you want to pursue the problems with the car?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Mika,

I am having a similar issue with the same company. I found your post by doing a search on Google. Is there a way you can pass me your email address or a phone number? Would love to have a quick chat to discuss a few things.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I submitted details on another forum but the dealer had it removed. The company seem to work out of an apartment at The Arena, Nottingham and trade as My Left Hand Drive. This has been the most frustrating transaction in my life, hopefully just a communication breakdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear! I too am in the process of buying a car from this company, I too have had some communication problems, and I too found this forum on a google search. There seems to be a bit of an uncomfortable pattern emerging here! However, I've noticed that they tend only to get in touch when they've got something definite to say, so I'm really really hoping that they're just not good at sending out those reasuring 'we're still working for you' type of communications! It will remain to be seen!

Edited by bosscat

Oh dear! I too am in the process of buying a car from this company, I too have had some communication problems, and I too found this forum on a google search. There seems to be a bit of an uncomfortable pattern emerging here! However, I've noticed that they tend only to get in touch when they've got something definite to say, so I'm really really hoping that they're just not good at sending out those reasuring 'we're still working for you' type of communications! It will remain to be seen!

Hi Bosscat,Hopefully you will have received some good news by now, but going from personel experiences I doubt it.

Mika,

I am having a similar issue with the same company. I found your post by doing a search on Google. Is there a way you can pass me your email address or a phone number? Would love to have a quick chat to discuss a few things.

Thanks.

Hi Craig,I hope that progress has been made with your transaction?

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately not Bosscat. The dealer has used my posting on this thread (and others) as an excuse not to pay out compensation as previously promised. There are probably many good and honest internet traders out there, but I will never ever purchase from a car dealer again who does not have a showroom. I suppose I was conned by claims made through his listings on a well known internet trading site.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we have now seen an invoice for a vehicle from My LHD and also a delivery note which relates to the same vehicle and the recorded mileages are dramatically different.

We have also receive some messages from My LHD requiring us to take down this thread.

I see no reason to do this so far - but of course, MY LHD is welcome to come on to this forum and to give their side of the story.

Well we have now seen an invoice for a vehicle from My LHD and also a delivery note which relates to the same vehicle and the recorded mileages are dramatically different.

We have also receive some messages from My LHD requiring us to take down this thread.

I see no reason to do this so far - but of course, MY LHD is welcome to come on to this forum and to give their side of the story.

Damn right!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow,

Thanks to the Furum for managing to force LHD into communicating on this issue, indeed communicating in general. The evidence regarding delivery has been supplied and verified; also confirmation that an offer of compensation was made (and accepted). This in now April 2013, so where is it?

I am surprised that LHD would rather respond through a public forum, rather than in a business like manner.

Thanks for the answer MIKA,

We never had to post on websites before. Obviously you have been very active on forums and web reviews. Did you really post your answer at 3 AM in the morning?

Sorry, but we cant find a single delivery related to this issue in december as we successfully delivered around 40 vehicles in 2012's last quarter.

So could you answer the following questions?

I still require that you or Bankfodder indicate when the delivery note was issued. I'm wondering why bankfodder didnt reply?

You mentioned an agreement, for what amount?

From my understanding you have left this undealt with for quite while (at least 5 months) If our answers were unsatisfactory

why didn't you take the legal route (cancellation, courts, moneyclaim or trading standards) ?

Also could the admin publish our responses page 1?

I will then be in a position to post an elaborate response.

Have a nice evening.

We never had to post on websites before. Obviously you have been very active on forums and web reviews. Did you really post your answer at 3 AM in the morning?

Sorry, but we cant find a single delivery related to this issue in december as we successfully delivered around 40 vehicles in 2012's last quarter.

I still require that you or Bankfodder indicate when the delivery note was issued. I'm wondering why bankfodder didnt reply?

From my understanding you have left this undealt with for quite while (at least 5 months) If our answers were unsatisfactory

why didn't you take the legal route (cancellation, courts, moneyclaim or trading standards) ?

Have a nice evening.

Have a nice evening.

Can you clarify please that you are saying that you have not supplied a car to MIKA? (Obviously we do not know MIKA's real identity but I would of thought that you would be able to verify from the vehicle details to whether you supplied it or not)

Please Note

Sam,

As far as Im concerned MIKA is/was a singer?

Sorry I thought my answer was quite clear. From what this member is indicating, there are no deliveries relating to his story.

This is why we want to know when this "delivery note" was issued.

At this stage, all we have is a seemingly frustrated CAG member and an admin indicating he has evidence

that he doesnt share (after having invited us here). I trust bankfodder would give a neutral point of view on things?

But I'm coming to the painful conclusion that we would have more rights in a proper Tribunal.

Im not victimising here, our branches sell around 200 cars per year. Our business is solvent and can address any issue, if there were recurring problems with the way we handle customer complaints,surely there would be many more negative reviews out there.

Whoever MIKA is, he's clearly not doing much to receive compensation. But he's quite busy on web reviews though...

Thanks

Edited by MYLHD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks