50" Plasma Issue Sorted

LNT999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couple of weeks ago, my partner turned on our 50" LG TV and moments later heard a crackle and a bang, and when she came back into the room, there was no picture.

Following day we called Currys to see what they could do. They said someone would ring that day, so she stayed in. No one called so I called back the following day at which time we were told that someone would call that day. They did and then decided that the motherboard had gone and that's what we had needed. There was no ETA for this motherboard. Now, almost 2 weeks have gone by and I'd heard nothing. I then decided that seeing as the TV was so new, so expensive, and now not working, that I wouldn't accept a repair, and would request a refund or replacement instead. Made a couple more phone calls but there was no ETA for this part.

RESULT: Went into Currys today, spoke to the manager, who was surprised no one had been out, who was shocked that in 2 weeks nothing had happened. Asked me to give him 15 mins. I did so and on the basis that there was no prospect of getting the part within the next 2 weeks, taking the time without the TV over the 28 day period, he authorised an exchange for the new LG 50" TV. Free Delivery, and the delivery person will take the other one back. Just awaiting a phone call as to when it will come.Well done Currys.