Ebay buyer hasn't paid yet.. how long do I wait before starting unpaid dispute?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I sold a car on Ebay, the auction finished on Sunday, it's now Thursday.

First the buyer contacted me after a couple of days asking me to phone him to arrange collection, but he didn't give me a number to ring.

I e mailed him and told him he could collect anytime asap. I heard nothing for a couple more days then an e mail saying he had been called to work.

Then a few more emails asking more about the car and nothing since.

My problem is the insurance runs out on the 31st and I don't know what to do about it. I thought he should have picked it up by now,,, should I e mail him again and risk being ignored or start an unpaid item dispute.

By the way, this chap had 0 feedback but does have some things for sale, so he's only just joined Ebay.

I've been caught out like this a few times with time-wasting arses that "buy" a car and them don't pay. Sadly Ebay doesn't do enough about it so the practice continues. It's usually a week before you can submit a bloody non-paying complaint to them then they give the peasant another week to reply and all the time you're left hanging. Them they ask after that if you wish to relist and they refund your listing cost is all.

Really not good enough but sadly there is sod all you can do. Sorry to be the bearer of ad news.

I haven't used ebay much to sell things, but I thought there was an option on your sale screen, that if the first buyer didn't come good, then you can offer it on directly to the next highest bidder. I am not sure how close the 2nd bidder was to your price, buit if near enough it will be far less hassle than starting a sale again I would think.

If your confident that the buyer isn't going to buy and hasn't done so for 4 days after his/her 'winning' bid, my experience of non compliant buyer reporting to eBay is pointless.

It may be pointless but its the only way to avoid the seller fees being invoiced.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Meant to say that when I DID relist I made a point of saying it was being reloaded because (gave the non-paying buyer's ID) bought it and then refused to pay. Doesn't help but made me feel a little better and you're only telling the truth after all so nobody can complain.