After IUC timeline for hearing if they are taking you to court

Soyamocha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my IUC two months ago and one month after the IUC, I received the overpayment letter/statement and have now started a payment plan. I was told that once the overpayment dept have calculated the overpayment they return the file to the investigator who in turn passes it to the CPT department. They then decide whether to prosecute or not. Do you know how long this all takes. I know for a fact that the file was returned to the investigator nearly one month ago. I have heard nothing since. At the interview I was told that once the investigator gets back the file, they have 28 days to decide whether to prosecute. Is that the case? Thank you

Hi guys hope this helps. I had my IUC in January and I had a letter in february saying they have passed my file to legal department with intention to prosecute. I only got my court summons on the 10th of August stating I was due in court on the 23rd of August. So the whole process was close 9 months. Good luck guys

Thanks both of you for replying. Miracle - I was amazed that they told you so promptly they intended to prosecute. That is really what I am waiting to find out. So going by your timetable I could be in the dock for Christmas !!!! Good luck on the 23rd!

Thanks both of you for replying. Miracle - I was amazed that they told you so promptly they intended to prosecute. That is really what I am waiting to find out. So going by your timetable I could be in the dock for Christmas !!!! Good luck on the 23rd!
They were very prompt but they too six months after that ntification to actually send the summons through. I would advice you to use this time to seek a solicitor, challenge the overpayment, see if you have not under claimed on any of your other benefits. Thanks a lot