n power debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

my direct debit for n power failed for the third time. I owed them £275 for this direct debit. I rang, and offered to pay £100 that week, and the remainder over the next two weeks. The man requested that I call back the next week, and took my electricity meter reading. when I called back the next week, n power arranged for my gas meter to be read (I have both electricity and gas from n power). I was to contact them after this. A week later I received a demand for over £1000 from a collections agency acting on behalf of n power!. When I called them and explained the situation, the lady was surprised that n power had not taken the £100 payment when I offered it. Despite my making another £100 payment to her then, n power are demanding that I make a payment of 75% (£around £700) immediately. I feel totally bullied by them and cannot afford this.

Please help. I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Hi locksmith

Does the £1000 sound right? Have you received a full breakdown of the bill? Are you on the cheapest tariff?

If the bill is correct, but you can't pay the full amount and NPower aren't being understanding about it, then

write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such, explain whats happened, how you've been let down and what you want them to do about it.

Send it to:-

Volker Beckers, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Also read no.17 in my signature.

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE