• Tweets

• If that was the reason then that is good news. The whole reason that being able to charge £100 for breaching private car park rules is because the law Lords decided in a celebrated case that the rogues had a legitimate interest in keeping their car park spaces available for all motorists . {parking Eye v Beavis]. However when the business is closed then there is no legitimate interest in keeping spaces free so to charge £100 is a penalty. As such any Court would automatically throw out the case  when he penalty charge is accepted.
    • gives them a feeling of grandeur. dx  
    • yep they can be a bit like the TV licencing lot. for 4yrs ive been getting a series of about 8-10 diff letters that just go round a loop. currently upto 61
    • thread tidied. new thread for the court claim is here  
    • new thread created for this claimform please post here now for anything to do with it now . pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Why do I have to attend medical for ESA

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why do I have to attend a medical for ESA, as I already have a job, which I will go back to. I am off with depression/anxiety, workplace stress. How can I prove it, I don't have the money to pay the doctor/consultant for documentation. And surely they will let me off wasting time, in the WRAG group. I will go to my MP if I have to.....

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do I have to attend a medical for ESA, as I already have a job, which I will go back to. I am off with depression/anxiety, workplace stress. How can I prove it, I don't have the money to pay the doctor/consultant for documentation. And surely they will let me off wasting time, in the WRAG group. I will go to my MP if I have to.....

Simply because you must have claimed a sickness related benefit (ESA). To be awarded that benefit, you have to prove that you are not fit to go back to your job! Otherwise, if you object to this assessment process why did you bother claiming the benefit in the first place?

my work told me to claim it, and even sent me out the forms, I didn't think I was entitled to it. But if I get it, what is the point of me attending classes or whatever to find a job, my job is still there.......

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

I read that if you get put in the WRAG group, you had to attend workshops etc, to give you back your confidence and help you find a job......

LilythePink

Hi Lily.

'Medicals' are a condition of claiming ESA and I think are supposed to be carried out within 13 weeks of starting to claim. I could be wrong about that, hopefully someone will confirm. Of course not everyone is seen within the time limit.

I guess some of the time since late 2011 was covered by sick pay from your employer?

I'll have a look for leemack's sticky about how to answer questions at the assessment to get the best result and post a link for you.

Have you asked about having it recorded? There's a separate thread about that, a lot of us think it's worth doing.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I've just had a read of that report in the link.

To be honest I have prepared papers whilst taking my Masters that were easier than that!!!

That does it, I'm off to claim Pension Credit and will refuse to return the ESA50 that is due later this year!!!

You will have to have a qualification next in order to deal with this assessment and the form that comes with it.

I defy any ordinary person to take all of the info on board and remember how to progress the assessment

Having said that, the info supplied is excellent, pity we are dealing with ordinary mortals.

thank you for that info. I did get full pay for a while, but as the injury/bullying I had put a grievance in, and I have applied for my pay to be reinstated. It is mental health that I am off with, stress/anxiety/depression, and my works doctor had said I am not fit for work. So how do I prove that, except with information from my doctor, which will probably cost me money, which I don't have. I can do all those physical things, and I am able to be on my own, I just am off because I cannot get therapy for it. waiting list is 8 mths long

I am getting better though, and I hope to be back to work before I have to attend any medical, as I think it is a useless waste of time, as I will be turned down. I just want to get back to work, but the doctor says I need time, which I don't have. Nothing but harrassment from work and from welfare...... as me really stressed out, but got good news today, my grievance has been upheld.

LilythePink

it's probably a ploy, make the form very complicated and intricate and extensive and if you can understand it and complete it then you are well enough to work and can't be that sick

LOL!!!!!! You are probably right

How they work is a bit of a mystery except its not because if I am not wrong they get paid for each assesment they do so getting you in for a medical is just business to them. I was only awarded esa a couple of months ago, put into the SG on their advice no appeal needed and they are already reassesing me which is far too soon but I am just potential profit to them, not a human being who is ill and trying to recover. I only hope that I won't be called in for a further medical which really would be farcical.

If you go for the medical you might be placed into the support group which means they would leave you alone or if you are in the WRAG I believe they cannot really "make" you do anything other than attend a few monthly meetings which you could maybe even do over the phone. I think a lot of the time the DWP and ATOS try to pull the wool over claiments eyes imagining or hoping were all a bunch of dribbiling idiots but if you know your rights, are polite but firm with them it will go a long way.

If you need any help please contact a local CAB or advice centre as they can help you with knowing where you stand.

thanks, I know my workplace thought I would just go away, and all would be ok. People are afraid to make complaints,and end up leaving, or end up sick like me. I know my rights, as part of a degree, I did employment law, so I think you are right, they think we will just totter down, even though I am sick, they think I can get up, walk or drive into town, and get asked to lift an empty box...... whilst I have a job, and am off on the sick, so what is the point. I will be protesting to my MP, and anyone else that will listen. Don't understand why they bring these private companies in, undermining our own GP's. Anyway, I think that doctors took an oath, and they are breaking it in doing this nasty work......

LilythePink

thanks, I know my workplace thought I would just go away, and all would be ok. People are afraid to make complaints,and end up leaving, or end up sick like me. I know my rights, as part of a degree, I did employment law, so I think you are right, they think we will just totter down, even though I am sick, they think I can get up, walk or drive into town, and get asked to lift an empty box...... whilst I have a job, and am off on the sick, so what is the point. I will be protesting to my MP, and anyone else that will listen. Don't understand why they bring these private companies in, undermining our own GP's. Anyway, I think that doctors took an oath, and they are breaking it in doing this nasty work......

There is no point in throwing your toys out of your pram! If you want to claim a sickness related welfare benefit (ESA) you will have to abide by the rules and regulations. I doesn't matter what you think is right or wrong, what matters is you have a choice, in asking for money from the government carries with it certain obligations. If you don't like them or don't want to co-operate then fine, don't claim the money. Simple!

It works this way. While you're on SSP you only have to be unfit to do your normal job. Once you claim ESA, they want to see if there are any other types of jobs you might be able to do. For instance, a person's normal job is working in a warehouse lifting and loading heavy things, very physical. Though they may not be able to do their normal job, they may be fit enough to do office work. The theory behind the Assessments is that people might be fit enough for a different type of work, and when ESA was first planned, the idea was that people would be given help and training and assistance to get types of work they are fit enough to do. Sadly it never got there and even before implementation had degenerated into a box-ticking-getting-people-off-benefits-by-failing-them-regardless exercise.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Lily, is that right? You have to wait for 8 months for counselling? Have you asked your GP to refer to you to the local mental health team?

I've been through all this hoohah, just like you, first bullying at work, then sick, then SSP comes to an end, so work try to starve you out whilst you try and get ESA. Lily, if you want DWP off your back and to be settled in the ESA Support Group, then you fill in that form and get your GP to support you (shouldn't cost you anything). How many years have you worked for and how much have you paid into the system? You are entitled.

I had to go right to appeal, but I won and got mine back dated. This year, I didn't even have to fill that form in, my GP and Practitioner from the mental health team told them that I am still barking mad, a danger to myself and others around me and that was that.

So, if all this has driven YOU barking mad, fess up to it, head down. get on with the forms. See if the GP can hurry up this counselling (although I would be pushing for a diagnosis by a psychiatrist first). If you intend to go for personal injury it gets far worse than this - this is just the start. So my advice to you is to go for what you know is right (sue the swines), and use the DWP as a practice run for what is to come! Anyway, all of this is written down, recorded and is evidence in any PI case.

I hope all goes well for you. x

Lily, is that right? You have to wait for 8 months for counselling? Have you asked your GP to refer to you to the local mental health team?

I've been through all this hoohah, just like you, first bullying at work, then sick, then SSP comes to an end, so work try to starve you out whilst you try and get ESA. Lily, if you want DWP off your back and to be settled in the ESA Support Group, then you fill in that form and get your GP to support you (shouldn't cost you anything). How many years have you worked for and how much have you paid into the system? You are entitled.

I had to go right to appeal, but I won and got mine back dated. This year, I didn't even have to fill that form in, my GP and Practitioner from the mental health team told them that I am still barking mad, a danger to myself and others around me and that was that.

So, if all this has driven YOU barking mad, fess up to it, head down. get on with the forms. See if the GP can hurry up this counselling (although I would be pushing for a diagnosis by a psychiatrist first). If you intend to go for personal injury it gets far worse than this - this is just the start. So my advice to you is to go for what you know is right (sue the swines), and use the DWP as a practice run for what is to come! Anyway, all of this is written down, recorded and is evidence in any PI case.

I hope all goes well for you. x

From experience 8 months is pretty good, 12/15 months is common in some places.

GP's always refer to counselling first, then if that doesn't work you would be referred onto the CMHT.

That is unless there is grave danger to life.

Demanding to be seen by a psychiatrist will normally be met by a 'brick wall'. You have to go through the 'system'.

You can ask the GP for as much support as you like, but that does not get away from the fact that the poster will have to 'qualify' for ESA first by gaining at least 12 points in an assessment. Only at that stage can you argue which group the poster should be allocated to.

Well then you were one of the very few that managed to retain ESA in that way.

I was awarded the Support Group for 3 years without appeal etc. but since the changes in March 2011, it is very likley later this year that I will not even gain 12 points, never mind the Support Group!

As for being 'barking mad' that to me is an insult to the many, including myself that suffer from a mental illness.

Nobody should ever be described as that, even if they are!

I don't know much about PI, although my daughter and her solicitor husband does. For me, no amount of money compensates for a loss of faculty, be it mental or physical.

I have had numerous friendly arguments with them both over the two major medical blunders whilst in hospital and an injury that cost me the ability to persue my chosen career as an accountant, subsequently having to work in Sainsbury's stacking shelves until my physical health deteriorated.

You can ask the GP for as much support as you like, but that does not get away from the fact that the poster will have to 'qualify' for ESA first by gaining at least 12 points in an assessment. Only at that stage can you argue which group the poster should be allocated to

It's 15 points for a pass

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

thanks Jack, some sense at last. I have had a diagnosis, and paid for it myself, as the waiting list is so long. I am going to sue them, as you say just come out and tell them how you feel. I have done this, it is hard to admit it, whenever you have kept your feelings so secret, but now it has become so much easier. I could no longer go on with work, the way it was, and am lucky to have a transfer granted, so I have something to get back to. I will fill in the form, and go to the interview and the appeal, but I am trying to get the counselling sorted out, I emailed the head of the health service, and she said she would come back to me, as I think 8 months is terrible for mental health. I hope to get back to work soon, as you know, money is getting tight, and my family is suffering as well. But some people on this forum, think that you are off work for fun, or wanting money for compensation. That is not the point, although it would be nice to have some money, but I want these employers to learn you can't treat people this way. I have learnt a hard lesson, and I think only people that have come through it, understand, the others just dismiss you as a sponger.... thanks again

LilythePink

Honeybee, I did the test on the benefits and work website, and according to the points I was put in the WRAG team.... thank you so much for looking for that, and sorting my threads out.....

LilythePink