Question about Holiday Claim back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, Just a general question if anyone knows anything about holiday claim back.

I've booked Christmas Eve off from work as 1 full day's holiday, I've been told by a colleague they usually shut on christmas eve and let everyone go home on 1/2 day (12pm on an 8-4 shift), They told me they don't allow anyone who's booked the day off full to reclaim half a day holiday (or haven't in the past) yet anyonewho's in get's a free half day hoiday as "Gift".

As they claim this is a gift from the company do I have any grounds to reclaim half a day of my holiday as I was not able to accept this "gift" as such.

Thanks

Steve

Hey, Yes it's christmas eve this year, Last year was a saturday so it was irrelevant and why I didn't know about this rule. The thing is If I cancel and they decide not to give me 1/2 a day off as this is not a contractual thing sometimes they just do it "from the goodness of their hearts" and I need the day off if possible anyway. I just assumed as they had given mostly their entire workforce half a day holiday fr nothing I should be entitled to reclaim liu time or something, it's just seems logical to me, but logical doesn't always mean lawful .

Unfortunately it's one of those rubbish situations that crops up frequently. Basically, the company are right. You have to book off whatever your normal hours would be on that day.

I agree it seems unfair, but letting people go home early is a gesture of goodwill on the employers part. I suspect if employees started complaining, they would just stop people going home early!